Kyle Thomas

4 hours ago, Go__Hoosiers said:

Everyone raves about what a great guy Daryl was, does anyone know how closely he stayed connected to the program in the years before his death?

Hutch had an article a couple years ago. https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/terry-hutchens-column-remembering-a-national-champion-daryl-thomas/article_b655dafc-32eb-11e8-892f-ff585459f129.html

Besides his screen to free up Smart...I remember the game up at Northwestern when DT saved the day. It's the game where Knight went off on Alford after the game while complimenting DT. Only a few players who probably experienced the wrath of Knight more than DT. 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
Kyle Thomas lost his father, IU 1987 national champ Daryl, in 2018, and then his head coach 15 months later.

Now he plays for both of them.

"They taught me more life lessons than basketball. And I gotta do it right for them.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Was looking at the 247 rankings for the state of Illinois, and am shocked at how thin the class is in that state for 2022.  

Kyle has offers from Arizona, Illinois, and Nebraska.  Will be interesting to see if IU reaches out.  Kind of surprised Alford hasn't offered.  Natural connection and Kyle seems to be rated at a level where Nevada could be competitive in the recruitment.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=IL

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1