Big Ten All Decade Teams

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As we all know. He changed us overnight. Getting beat by Northwestern to beating Kentucky in year 1. His wiki reads as highest FG% guys of all time in Big 10 and IU which has been the gold standard program since the New Deal. Leaving him off.....especially with those who were on is just embarrassing for the media who put this together. What's new I guess. 

He was almost everyone's preseason nation POY going to season 2 I believe.   He very arguably outplayed the best player in college basketball in Anthony Davis in their 2 matchups and did it as a frosh.  Not having him on any of the teams is downright comical.  It's like listing your top 10 college basketball coaches of all time and not having RMK on it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why Swanigan and Johnson? Swanigan’s sophomore year was unbelievable (1st team AA and BTPOY) and Johnson was 1st team AA and BTPOY/DPOY. Why would Cody make it over them? I 100% think Cody should be on there over guys like Murphy and Craft but Johnson and Swanigan belong there IMO. 

No bother going into the why. Swanigan nice player in college. Johnson nice 4 year player that never played in the pros similar to AJ Hammons. Some of these picks almost feel like sympathy picks for a coach who has been at a school for 15 years. 

Cody fans (or I ) don't need to explain how much better he was. We already know.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No bother going into the why. Swanigan nice player in college. Johnson nice 4 year player that never played in the pros similar to AJ Hammons. Some of these picks almost feel like sympathy picks for a coach who has been at a school for 15 years. 

Cody fans (or I ) don't need to explain how much better he was. We already know.

These picks didn’t have anything to do with what kind of pros they turned into. Only a handful of them have done anything in the NBA. If their pro careers were factored in, the list looks very different. Not sure why they’d be considered sympathy picks when they both won BTPOY and were consensus first team All-Americans. Cody deserved to make one of the teams but not instead of Swanigan/Johnson. 

22 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yogi was an All B10 defensive team selection his senior year...

All around player, it's Yogi hands down...Edwards was a one trick pony...

I’d take Yogi then. I remember against Iowa in a must win game Yogi completely shut down Peter Jok in the second half. Iowa was top 5 in nation at the time. 
 it’s absurd that Jordan Murphy is on the list ahead of Zeller! 
SwanigAn and JJ deserve to be on there the only other question is Craft but dang that boy could play even though it wasn’t always pretty. Best defender in the BIG in the last decade. His leadership and desire to win was off the charts as well. The intangibles and leadership that guy brought to your team was insane. He was a pain to play against but I would of took him on my team any day of the week. 

Archived