2020 Season

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

BIG just restricted fall sports to in conference only.  I think they are trying to do what they can to salvage the season but with an outbreak at Ohio State and something like supposedly 40 kids at UNC causing them to shut down workouts, I am not holding my breath.

Closer to my home, Fishers HS (IN) had reported cases for kids getting ready for fall sports and they had to close up shop on workouts as well.

If things stay that way, you will have a hard time getting through a season.  Everytime a case is found, they would have to quarantine everyone in contact with that person.  If Ohio State had a game this Saturday, how could they play it?  I think the fall sports are toast, we'll see what happens with winter.

Is this just football, or is Maui now out?

15 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Is this just football, or is Maui now out?

It is the fall sports, so Maui is not currently out yet since basketball is a winter sport.

I think the BIG was trying to get in front of things like the Ivy Leagues saying they won't play.  If a bunch of other conferences start to follow suit, it would impact schedules.  However, I must don't see how this works with the team environment.  If they close out workouts with a discovered case and then you have to quarantine for 14 days if you are in contact with someone who is known to be infected, how can you plan around that.

Like with UNC, I heard they had over 40 athletes who tested positive.  With that many, potentially their entire athletic program would need to be quarantined for the next 2 weeks.  That would be 2 weeks worth of games that they would have to forfeit.  And if they had just got done playing on Saturday and then had someone test positive on Sunday, whatever team they played Saturday would potentially have to go on lockdown too.  That means 4 teams are not playing games the following week.

I just don't see how they plan around that in this environment.  They will either have to suck it up and throw caution to the wind and play or just cancel altogether.  I do not think it is really feasible to try and travel a middle path with this.

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I was wondering if basketball would just go to conference games only if the big ten would go to a round robin schedule.  That would be a 26 game season which would almost a full season.

I had that same thought last night, but if (and probably when) they move to a conference only schedule I doubt they play that many games.  I'll be honest, if they had to move to conference only, I would enjoy watching what you described.  

11 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I hate to say it but I personally think we’re a long time away from being normal again. Like 9-12 months. I hope and pray I’m wrong. 

Unfortunately, I agree with this. I think it is going to be too difficult to negotiate until a vaccine is available.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Mr. Wesley likes what he sees.

That can't hurt. I'm still leaning hard towards the North of I-70 crowd getting his services or more specifically near the toll road but never hurts when a recruits Dad chimes in about our S/C guy. Very good look. 

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

So depressing but college sports this year just does not seem likely.   Even the pro's could end up starting and stopping if cases happen.   The NBA seems to have the best plan but that could fall apart if just one player/coach somehow gets sick in the Disney bubble.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

38 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

So depressing but college sports this year just does not seem likely.   Even the pro's could end up starting and stopping if cases happen.   The NBA seems to have the best plan but that could fall apart if just one player/coach somehow gets sick in the Disney bubble.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

The financial aspects of likely losing money on guarantee games was something I had not considered. 

3 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

I agree.  I just don't see a season happening.   Let's just all hope Trayce and Lander aren't both in next year's draft as I've predicted. 

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I agree.  I just don't see a season happening.   Let's just all hope Trayce and Lander aren't both in next year's draft as I've predicted. 

I don't think Lander will be in the next draft.  All I see from Muhammad's guardian is how they are selling them on being with Lander and forming one of the best backcourts.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think Lander will be in the next draft.  All I see from Muhammad's guardian is how they are selling them on being with Lander and forming one of the best backcourts.

I originally thought he would stay 2 years but there was that mock draft showing him if the top 20 next year.  If he's that high on the board I'd be shocked if he returned. 

5 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The financial aspects of likely losing money on guarantee games was something I had not considered. 

Right think about all the ticket sales, concessions and parking fees that schools will be missing out on with no fans.  Then ya gotta pay the opponent.   They would still make TV and radio income per game I guess(anyone have an idea what an average game brings in from broadcasting)?  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived