7 college basketball fans living in the past

Although there is the possibility that all the the big time programs cheat, there just isn't enough evidence to prove that he does.  And with the amount of 5 star recruits he and the other big programs get, its really hard to hide that much money or favors or whatever is being used to lure kids to these programs.  I think all programs cheat to varying degrees, including IU in the past.  Depends on how far into or past the gray area you want to walk.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Cal has left a  very suspect trail  behind him. Everywhere he has gone. Back to UMass, when he expressed surprise that he knew nothing about Marcus Camby getting paid to go  there. Oh. And we won't talk about the prostitutes that were brought in for Camby while at UMass.  Then there is Memphis. And the curious thing about Derek Rose.

IMHO. Over time. Cal has gotten proficient at covering his tracks.... considering his history.

I give you the UMass thing, but i think the Derek Rose thing happens at alot of schools, the coach may or may not have anything to do with that.  There was something similar happen at Iowa for a football player i think, got caught having someone take tests for him

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Also at UK with Bledsoe passing Algebra 2 without even taking Algebra 1.  Also some how he got his goal high enough to get into UK even though he had a lie gpa before.  Also the stories of Anthony Davis's father getting $200,000

I compare Cal to a mob boss where they order the hit but it never comes back to them.

Yes. Very curious about Bledsoe as well.

Cal covering his tracks.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also at UK with Bledsoe passing Algebra 2 without even taking Algebra 1.  Also some how he got his goal high enough to get into UK even though he had a lie gpa before.  Also the stories of Anthony Davis's father getting $200,000.

Now you're talking cheating all the way up to the administrative level, may or may not involve the coach.  And i think this happens alot at other schools too.  And you can test out of many level 1 classes and got right to a higher level. I did it several time in college myself.  

Call Cal, Roy and K cheaters all you want.  They are either the smartest most devious, skilled men alive at hiding money, cars, houses, hookers, and grades for the better part of 15 years.  Or maybe, we want them to be cheaters because they are consistent winners and we're not.

Maybe they cheat.  Maybe they don't.  Either way, no facts, evidence or statement have been brought against them.  Innocent until proven guilty is the way its supposed to be in America

And FYI, i cant stand Kentucky.  Have always hated the program.

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I give you the UMass thing, but i think the Derek Rose thing happens at alot of schools, the coach may or may not have anything to do with that.  There was something similar happen at Iowa for a football player i think, got caught having someone take tests for him

I followed the Rose situation very closely at the time.  Cal wanted him badly. And after failing entrance exam, after entrance exam... there is no reason to believe Cal did not know what was going on.  And then.... it was found out... later... that the one test Rose passed.  Was taken by someone other than Rose.... in another state !

Having someone else take an entrance exam for you. Does not make it right. Especially, if the HC knows what is going on.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Now you're talking cheating all the way up to the administrative level, may or may not involve the coach.  And i think this happens alot at other schools too.  And you can test out of many level 1 classes and got right to a higher level. I did it several time in college myself.  

But you probably already had a good GPA and was a good student. Does not appears Bledsoe had either and it was a surprise he was able to get into college.  If Cal had nothing to do with any of this then there are just a lot of coinencedences going on which is to hard to believe.

Just now, milehiiu said:

I followed the Rose situation very closely at the time.  Cal wanted him badly. And after failing entrance exam, after entrance exam... there is no reason to believe Cal did not know what was going on.  And then.... it was found out... later... that the one test Rose passed.  Was taken by someone other than Rose.... in another state !

True, but nothing ever came back to Cal.  So either he is the smartest guy int he world at hiding his trail, or maybe Rose cheated himself to pass an SAT and get into a school

Just now, IU Scott said:

But you probably already had a good GPA and was a good student. Does not appears Bledsoe had either and it was a surprise he was able to get into college.  If Cal had nothing to do with any of this then there are just a lot of coinencedences going on which is to hard to believe.

There area shitton of kids who make it into college, other than Kentucky, who can barely spell their names, and somehow they make it for 3 years for football players.  Can't lay that at a single coaches feet like he is the only who has a student athlete pass a class he shouldn't have.

True, but nothing ever came back to Cal.  So either he is the smartest guy int he world at hiding his trail, or maybe Rose cheated himself to pass an SAT and get into a school

As I posted earlier.  It is my belief that over time considering his history.  Cal has learned how to cover his trail.

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Call Cal, Roy and K cheaters all you want.  They are either the smartest most devious, skilled men alive at hiding money, cars, houses, hookers, and grades for the better part of 15 years.  Or maybe, we want them to be cheaters because they are consistent winners and we're not.

Maybe they cheat.  Maybe they don't.  Either way, no facts, evidence or statement have been brought against them.  Innocent until proven guilty is the way its supposed to be in America

And FYI, i cant stand Kentucky.  Have always hated the program.

KU has been proven to cheat since they have many recruits been ineligible to play.  They are caught up in the FBI investigation with them offering Zion money.  Also one of their recruits had a car accident in a fancy sports car which his family couldn't afford.

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

There area shitton of kids who make it into college, other than Kentucky, who can barely spell their names, and somehow they make it for 3 years for football players.  Can't lay that at a single coaches feet like he is the only who has a student athlete pass a class he shouldn't have.

To me if there is one incident then it can be easily over looked as a coinencedences. With to many things happening under his watch it is to hard to think he did not have anything to do with it.  If he did not know what was going on then he had lost control and should be charged with lack of institutional control.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

KU has been proven to cheat since they have many recruits been ineligible to play.  They are caught up in the FBI investigation with them offering Zion money.  Also one of their recruits had a car accident in a fancy sports car which his family couldn't afford.

Think you meant UK.  Aside from that.  Money flowing to recruits from UK has been going on for years. And not just with Cal. I think it is in the UK DNA.

One example :

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So are we talking Kentucky, Kansas or Duke.  We were talking about Cal cheating.  Kansas has seems to be in some trouble there.  We will.  Most of the investigation only were able to get assistant coaches, which head coaches should know about, but we will see

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Think you meant UK.  Aside from that.  Money flowing to recruits from UK has been going on for years. And not just with Cal. I think it is in the UK DNA.

One example :

could be.  But they do treat their recruits and players like gods.  Look at the facilities and how they are treated by fans, the media and even the NBA.  Hard to not want to go there and be a king before getting drafted

So are we talking Kentucky, Kansas or Duke.  We were talking about Cal cheating.  Kansas has seems to be in some trouble there.  We will.  Most of the investigation only were able to get assistant coaches, which head coaches should know about, but we will see

I thought you brought up KU in the post but I was wrong.  I just look at Kentucky and Cal's history and just don't see them all of a sudden changing.  

Just now, milehiiu said:

Sorry.  I thought the conversation was about Cal... carry on.  LOL

I thought he brought up KU and that was what I was responding to but I was wrong.  Also if true that KU offered Zion money it is hard for me to believe he went to Duke for no compensation.

50 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

LOL...Bledsoe didn't do that.  Scott's story is a little off.  As I recalled it, he failed or nearly failed Algebra 1 and then miraculously got an A in Algebra 2.  If you even heard the kid try to do interviews back then, you'd be confident he didn't ace Algebra 2 after struggling so much in the first one.  What makes me angry here is how the system fails these kids...pushes them through simply because they can play ball with very little thought about giving them an education that will allow them to function as an adult.  That happens at the "better" schools too.  Look no further than Nojel Eastern's recent announcement about not getting into Michigan after three years of that fine Purdue college education.

Yeesh.  I get why they want to be paid...these kids are being used and some of the educations they are receiving "for free" are pretty much worth just that.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think you understand Bledsoe's academics. On cheating to the administrative level which may or may not involve the coach, Cal's record of kids suddenly qualifying or qualifying under odd circumstances is pretty clear (you know that someone sat for Rose's SAT, right?). Cal left two schools with vacated FF's coming to UK. If you think he's clean, well, ok.

Archived