7 college basketball fans living in the past

7 minutes ago, Sark said:

So, please show that Cal knew about that. Not he should’ve known but the proof that he did, which should be easy to do. If you have proof, I’m with you. If not, they’re just empty changes, right?

It's just like with Marcus Camby. Cal expressed surprise that Camby got paid. In the case of Rose.  That thing went on for so long... as I said before. There is no way he was not aware of what was going on.... based on Cal's track record. And as I have already said.... Cal has become great at denying and covering his tracks.  Just look at his record.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sark said:

I’d love to see your proof, rather than just your accusations. Thanks in advance.

There's plenty of proof for those who are willing to see.  Sure, there's some unproven smoke (and a lot of it) to go along with the actual findings and admissions, but if you are willing to believe that a ballplayer who barely passed Algebra I and couldn't form complete sentences suddenly became a whiz in advanced algebra, then you're simply too dense to have a meaningful conversation with.  Today's smoke is also tomorrow's proof, so keep being willfully blind or better yet, go over to Rupp Rafters where you belong.

You're a time-waster who literally adds nothing to the conversation and I've let you waste enough of my time.  Next move is to simply put you on the ignore list where you belong.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...Bledsoe didn't do that.  Scott's story is a little off.  As I recalled it, he failed or nearly failed Algebra 1 and then miraculously got an A in Algebra 2.  If you even heard the kid try to do interviews back then, you'd be confident he didn't ace Algebra 2 after struggling so much in the first one.  What makes me angry here is how the system fails these kids...pushes them through simply because they can play ball with very little thought about giving them an education that will allow them to function as an adult.  That happens at the "better" schools too.  Look no further than Nojel Eastern's recent announcement about not getting into Michigan after three years of that fine Purdue college education.

Yeesh.  I get why they want to be paid...these kids are being used and some of the educations they are receiving "for free" are pretty much worth just that.

It was more suspicious than that. He failed Algebra 1 twice, then aced Algebra 3 before even taking Algebra 2 (which he also aced). He had a 1.9 GPA after his junior year before making straight A's as a senior, which bumped his GPA up to 2.5...the minimum requirement to be eligible for college athletics. 

The investigation into that one reached a dead end when his high school transcripts mysteriously disappeared, even though state law required them to be saved until he'd been out of high school for 3 years (it had only been one year). 

8 minutes ago, Sark said:

So, please show that Cal knew about that. Not he should’ve known but the proof that he did, which should be easy to do. If you have proof, I’m with you. If not, they’re just empty changes, right?

Go back to big blue nation with rest of your UK fans because you definitely not an IU fan.  I would hope the mods can see you are only here to troll and ban you from this board

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

It was more suspicious than that. He failed Algebra 1 twice, then aced Algebra 3 before even taking Algebra 2 (which he also aced). He had a 1.9 GPA after his junior year before making straight A's as a senior, which bumped his GPA up to 2.5...the minimum requirement to be eligible for college athletics. 

The investigation into that one reached a dead end when his high school transcripts mysteriously disappeared, even though state law required them to be saved until he'd been out of high school for 3 years (it had only been one year). 

I knew it was something goofy like that.  Thanks for setting the record straight, although our UK fanboy @Sark will still believe that Bledsoe became an overnight genius and good old coach Cal knew nothing about his academic exploits.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

There's plenty of proof for those who are willing to see.  Sure, there's some unproven smoke (and a lot of it) to go along with the actual findings and admissions, but if you are willing to believe that a ballplayer who barely passed Algebra I and couldn't form complete sentences suddenly became a whiz in advanced algebra, then you're simply too dense to have a meaningful conversation with.  Today's smoke is also tomorrow's proof, so keep being willfully blind or better yet, go over to Rupp Rafters where you belong.

You're a time-waster who literally adds nothing to the conversation and I've let you waste enough of my time.  Next move is to simply put you on the ignore list where you belong.

He is a troll and should be banned from this board.  He is only here to start arguments with no facts to back it up.  If all of us would just ignore h he will go away.  I have been o a lot of IU message boards and have seen alit of trolls and he is one

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

Why do you think the NCAA couldn’t prove anything? Do you think he should be punished even though there’s zero evidence that says he cheated at UMass, Memphis or UK?

Umm.  The NCAA fined UMASS  $150,000 and stripped them of their final four appearance in 1996.  Since then.... as I keep saying. Cal has gotten better at covering his tracks.

To the.mods out there could you please ban Sark because he is ruining a lot of good conversations on this board.  He is a troll and he is just here to get into arguments and brings no actual knowledge of the game to this board.  He is shown facts numerous times but will still argue with even when he is proven wrong.

Just now, Sark said:

Disappointing that you would act this way, but I’m happy to not interact with you. Sorry to have upset you by asking what I thought was a reasonable question. Mods, Scott has stepped out of line with a very personal attack. I hope action is taken.

They should ban you since you are only here to be a UK troll.  You can say you are an IU fan but no one believes it.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

To the.mods out there could you please ban Sark because he is ruining a lot of good conversations on this board.  He is a troll and he is just here to get into arguments and brings no actual knowledge of the game to this board.  He is shown facts numerous times but will still argue with even when he is proven wrong.

Ah, just put him on ignore like I did.  He'll soon go away if he's only talking to himself.

12 minutes ago, Sark said:

Why do you think the NCAA couldn’t prove anything? Do you think he should be punished even though there’s zero evidence that says he cheated at UMass, Memphis or UK?

Umm.  The NCAA fined UMASS  $150,000 and stripped them of their final four appearance in 1996.  Since then.... as I keep saying. Cal has gotten better at covering his tracks.

Just now, Sark said:

Mods, please ask IUScott to refrain from the personal attacks. Thank you.

Can't you tell that you are not welcomed on this board.  All you have done since you been here is cause trouble and argue with everyone who does not agree with you.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:10 AM, Sark said:

It’s probably aimed at people who are delusional enough think it’s just a matter of time until IU wins big again because, well, we’re IU, and we’re an elite basketball school because we won an NCAA championship over 30 years ago. So we’re going to win one again. Nebraska and Michigan know this feeling in football, and both are much closer to national championships than we are. That’s what it means to live in the past from the writer's point of view.

Nebraska football isn’t remotely in better shape than IU basketball.  I don’t mind skepticism but let’s function in the real world.  I’m not saying it’s impossible but Nebraska has significant structural problems that are an albatross on their potential for upside.  

Just now, Sark said:

It was arguing to ask you to provide proof, which you refused to do? You got mad because I said you weren’t a fan, which the mod said was out of bounds. Now you’re mad simply because I’m asking for proof that you can’t provide? That’s a double standard.

I have shown you proof after proof with 7 articles I linked but you probably did not read 1 sentence in any of them.  I guess you are just naïve if you really believe Cal or coach K run clean programs.  it is time for this to end so I am putting you on ignore.

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Nebraska football isn’t remotely in better shape than IU basketball.  I don’t mind skepticism but let’s function in the real world.  I’m not saying it’s impossible but Nebraska has significant structural problems that are an albatross on their potential for upside.  

Don't bother. Her doesn't understand the nuances of the English language so he thinks "closer" is the same as "more recent." That they have a more recent championship is what he actually means.

Just now, Sark said:

I read all of them. None offer proof, just allegations. And the Kansas one you posted didn’t say what you claimed. Not even close.

I read an article somewhere that stated in the FBI investigation it had KU offering Zion $200,000

Archived