7 college basketball fans living in the past

1 minute ago, Sark said:

Duke leased a house for a player? That should be easy to prove. And you already showed you don’t know anything about IUs administration. Your talking in circles because you made posts about Nebraska football and didn’t know what you were talking about. Structural issues? That’s nonsense.

You know Adidas paid to give K cover but the circumstances demonstrate K would have to know.  Of course he will get away with it the way Roy did by lying.  You’re very naive and/or dishonest.  

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sark said:

You keep deflecting because you said something that made no sense. You tried to make something up and it backfired because you didn’t know about Nebraska. Can’t help you if you don’t get it.

I didn’t deflect. You don’t comprehend.  The board is not served by any further petulance on your part.  Let it go.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I didn’t deflect. You don’t comprehend.  The board is not served by any further petulance on your part.  Let it go.  

He doesn't understand the word "deflect" and had misused it several times. Not surprising considering he thinks "closer to a national championship" is the same thing as "has a more recent national championship."

I realize I've leaned into this thread pretty hard. 

But, I can't imagine spending this much time and energy defending a largely corrupt industry and defending the people at the very top of the industry that have a ton of smoke around them. Seems to me that someone like that would have to have to pretty large agenda. 

7 minutes ago, Sark said:

TL got paid by Addidas. That’s fact no matter how much you keep denying it. It’s more proof than you or anyone else here has shown. You lose badly on this.

I haven't denied it once. You haven't shown proof that that's why he chose IU, though. But I was actually asking about your evidence for this post of yours:

"And everyone said Duke cheated to get MB, too. The RL situation was no different. Part of the reason Cal didn’t want Romeo was because TL wanted more than a scholarship offer. It’s what everyone knew happened."

Just now, Sark said:

Which part are you not aware of? You’d have to be very naive to think those things didn’t happen.

I haven't said either way whether he chose it because of that. It's certainly possible but I don't know. I'm not part of the family or their inner circle so I can't say what drive the choice. Neither are you. So please stop trying to put words in my mouth and claim I said something I didn't.

But according to you UK and Cal, Duke and Coach K, KU and Self, etc are all innocent and there's "nothing to see here" yet IU is guilty using even more tenuous connection? And you try to pretend you're an IU fan. Everyone sees through you. I'm done with you, Ordfan. Welcome to ignore.

4 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I haven't said either way whether he chose it because of that. It's certainly possible but I don't know. I'm not part of the family or their inner circle so I can't say what drive the choice. Neither are you. So please stop trying to put words in my mouth and claim I said something I didn't.

But according to you UK and Cal, Duke and Coach K, KU and Self, etc are all innocent and there's "nothing to see here" yet IU is guilty using even more tenuous connection? And you try to pretend you're an IU fan. Everyone sees through you. I'm done with you, Ordfan. Welcome to ignore.

He is either Ordfan or Fepaugh and he wants to ruin this board like he did rivals

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I realize I've leaned into this thread pretty hard. 

But, I can't imagine spending this much time and energy defending a largely corrupt industry and defending the people at the very top of the industry that have a ton of smoke around them. Seems to me that someone like that would have to have to pretty large agenda. 

It is fairly evident the individual in question has zero interest in arguing in good faith. 

8 hours ago, Sark said:

Part of the reason Cal didn’t want Romeo was because TL wanted more than a scholarship offer. It’s what everyone knew happened.

Phone conversation between Cal and Coach K...

Cal: "Hey Mike, how are you? Have you talked to this Langford kid?"

K: "No, not yet."

Cal: "Well hold on, because, get this he wants (whispering) money to come here!"

K: "What!?!?!" You're kidding!"

Cal: "No...we're staying away from him!"

K: "Well, we will too."

Secretary: "Coach, the Williamson family is on line 1, and that realtor you wanted me to get ahold of is on line 2.:

K: "Oh, ok...Gotta run, Cal."

17 hours ago, Sark said:

I’d love to see your proof, rather than just your accusations. Thanks in advance.

If you are looking for proof enough to convict you probably wont find it. If you are looking for evidence to show a reasonable doubt that his program is clean you don't have to look very hard. He is called Teflon John for a reason. Like many of the great crime bosses you either have to bust them on something like tax evasion because you cant get the evidence they ordered the hit even when many know who did it. The other option is someone turn snitch and that probably won't happen. Cal might not be the bag man but rest assured he knows what is going on in his program 

Just now, Sark said:

I don’t disagree, but shouldn’t the bar be proof rather than just allegations? It’s always easy to point fingers since it requires nothing. Believing that proof is essential really angered some posters and brought on the personal attacks which caught me by surprise. Happens on the internet when people are anonymous but it was bizarre.

Not disagreeing so based on burden of proof his program is clean but it does not pass the eye or nose test but thankfully we are not convicted by failing those tests

11 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I can’t help you any further.  It’s beyond your grasp.  

There's a lot that's beyond the grasp of UK fans. I applaud your efforts to educate but it would be easier to teach your dog to fetch you a beer.  I guess you can expect trolling from kayut fans when basketball is shut down and the draft is on hold.

Well, that was something. 

I'm reminded of the old saying about fighting with a pig in the mud. Don't do it. The pigs likes it and you're only get yourself dirty.

Now I'm not saying who's the pig here but there's a lot of mud being thrown around. I don't think anyone's going to change sark's mind on this so might as well give it up.

Sark, you're usually a pretty good poster here but I don't think you want to die on this bridge. And your attacks in this post have had people calling on your removal. Please lighten up a little bit everyone.

Thanks everyone!

Anyone have a problem please pm me.👍👍

30 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I'm reminded of the old saying about fighting with a pig in the mud. Don't do it. The pigs likes it and you're only get yourself dirty.

Now I'm not saying who's the pig here but there's a lot of mud being thrown around. I don't think anyone's going to change sark's mind on this so might as well give it up.

Sark, you're usually a pretty good poster here but I don't think you want to die on this bridge. And your attacks in this post have had people calling on your removal. Please lighten up a little bit everyone.

Thanks everyone!

Well said CC, however I say..."I never get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Back to the OP...

I look back on the 70's and think about the teams that were very prominent that have seemed to have fallen off the map.

Other than UCLA, Marquette, DePaul, and UNLV come right to mind.  And two of those schools won titles.

6 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Thanks everyone!

I have problems. May or may not have to do with this thread.

Can I pm you about problems in general?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have problems. May or may not have to do with this thread.

Can I pm you about problems in general?

Yes - CC really likes getting multiple PM’s, preferably late at night, talking about all kinds of problems, especially if it includes those special kinds of relations with family — he’s used to hearing from Blue about those, just figured it was a Kentucky thing....

Archived