Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
IU Scott

7 college basketball fans living in the past

Recommended Posts

I put Sark on ignore but still can see he is ruining threads so why is he still allowed to post on here

Edited by IU Scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Where did I say no proof is necessary? You're the one telling everyone to back up their claims with proof so of course you have the evidence to back up your own claims, right?

You’re denying TL was paid by Addidas? Yes or no? And yes everyone here has said that proof isn’t needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sark said:

You can’t prove he didn’t take money. That’s your standard and Scott’s. 

Give it up. I said he took money from Adidas. Just like many UK, Duke, UK recruits and other top recruits. 

I'm curious why, as a supposed IU fan, you're so into defending Cal and K, yet quick to talk about Langford? And regardless of who you are a fan of, you're really into defending a largely morally corrupt industry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I put Sark on ignore but still can see he is ruining threads so why is he still allowed to post on here

Scott why do you continue to post here? I reported you to the mods because you violated  the rules here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sark said:

You’re denying TL was paid by Addidas? Yes or no? And yes everyone here has said that proof isn’t needed.

Who on this board has said Adidas didn't pay the Langford's? It's common knowledge that Tim Langford was paid by Adidas to run their AAU program. It's legal in terms of the NCAA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Give it up. I said he took money from Adidas. Just like many UK, Duke, UK recruits and other top recruits. 

I'm curious why, as a supposed IU fan, you're so into defending Cal and K, yet quick to talk about Langford? And regardless of who you are a fan of, you're really into defending a largely morally corrupt industry. 

So, IU has recruited just like UK and Duke recruit and according to people here they cheat. Ergo . . 
And show me where I defended Cal or K. I just said allegations required proof and several posters jumped all over me and said proof wasn’t needed. That doesn’t feel right or fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Who on this board has said Adidas didn't pay the Langford's? It's common knowledge that Tim Langford was paid by Adidas to run their AAU program. It's legal in terms of the NCAA. 

Those same people have said that shoe companies doing the same for Duke, UK and KU is illegal. Can’t have it both ways 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sark said:

The in state talent in Nebraska is no different today than it was then. You’re talking in circles because you made a nonsensical comment about structural issues and you’re deflecting to get out of it. It’s always been a leadership issue. You can’t argue otherwise.

That’s your move. Change the subject.  I never said anything about their in state talent, which is light.  I was talking about their access to volumes of high end out of state talent.  They can’t win with in state talent in football and they are unable to get the out of region talent where they had heavy success 30 years ago.  Keep deflecting. Those are structural problems for them, along with the uphill struggle they will have to get to and have success in the playoff.  I can’t keep replying to your deflections and stubbornness no matter how off you are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sark said:

So, IU has recruited just like UK and Duke recruit and according to people here they cheat. Ergo . . 
And show me where I defended Cal or K. I just said allegations required proof and several posters jumped all over me and said proof wasn’t needed. That doesn’t feel right or fair.

Yeah, you're wrong again. Shoe companies funding AAU programs, even those run by parents of recruits is perfectly legal. I'd figure you, being a bastion of "proof" would be up on those types of things. 

Adidas funding Langford's AAU team, in the view of the NCAA, is not even remotely similar to Anthony Davis recieving $200K in cash or Zion Williamson's parents moving into a million dollar home in Durham. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Who on this board has said Adidas didn't pay the Langford's? It's common knowledge that Tim Langford was paid by Adidas to run their AAU program. It's legal in terms of the NCAA. 

I would just give it up because he had no clue about anything.  He is just here to troll the board and to ruin this board.  He is the type of poster that was on rivals and the reason I left that board.  You are a well respected member of this board and shouldn't have to put up with this non Sense.  A lot of us have been on this board along time and for the most part we have had great posters.  We have not always agreed on everything but we always did it in a cordial way.  It is a shame that one bad poster has to bring down this great board.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sark said:

Those same people have said that shoe companies doing the same for Duke, UK and KU is illegal. Can’t have it both ways 

Once again, a shoe company funding an AAU program is not the same in terms of eligibility or NCAA rules as Zion Williamson's family moving into a million dollar home in Durham or Bill Self signing off on $60,000 going to Silvio De Sousa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s your move. Change the subject.  I never said anything about their in state talent, which is light.  I was talking about their access to volumes of high end out of state talent.  They can’t win with in state talent in football and they are unable to get the out of region talent where they had heavy success 30 years ago.  Keep deflecting. Those are structural problems for them, along with the uphill struggle they will have to get to and have success in the playoff.  I can’t keep replying to your deflections and stubbornness no matter how off you are.  

They don’t get out of state talent because of leadership. It’s always been that simple no matter how little you know about it or try to avoid what you’ve said. Stuctual challenges. You can’t even explain that. You really don’t know  what your talking about.Structural issues. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, you're wrong again. Shoe companies funding AAU programs, even those run by parents of recruits is perfectly legal. I'd figure you, being a bastion of "proof" would be up on those types of things. 

Adidas funding Langford's AAU team, in the view of the NCAA, is not even remotely similar to Anthony Davis recieving $200K in cash or Zion Williamson's parents moving into a million dollar home in Durham. 

Where’s the proof AD got 200k. Not rumors, not innuendo. Proof. I know you don’t have any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Once again, a shoe company funding an AAU program is not the same in terms of eligibility or NCAA rules as Zion Williamson's family moving into a million dollar home in Durham or Bill Self signing off on $60,000 going to Silvio De Sousa. 

How was Duke wrong in the ZW matter? What did they do? Again even a little proof would be nice but you have none. And show me proof Self did that. Not rumor. Proof. Any at all. 

Edited by Sark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sark said:

You’re denying TL was paid by Addidas? Yes or no? And yes everyone here has said that proof isn’t needed.

I don't deny that. Adidas paid for the AAU team he ran. It is, and was then, legal. 

However, the post of yours that I replied to said nothing about that. Here it is again since you got confused. You stated this as fact so where's your evidence?

47 minutes ago, Sark said:

And everyone said Duke cheated to get MB, too. The RL situation was no different. Part of the reason Cal didn’t want Romeo was because TL wanted more than a scholarship offer. It’s what everyone knew happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sark said:

Where’s the proof AD got 200k. Not rumors, not innuendo. Proof. I know you don’t have any.

Funny how out your way you go to defend UK, yet you want to bury IU and Langford. 

Go do your own research, there are tons of articles out there on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I don't deny that. Adidas paid for the AAU team he ran. It is, and was then, legal. 

However, the post of yours that I replied to said nothing about that. Here it is again since you got confused. You stated this as fact so where's your evidence?

So Addidas funneled money to RL thru his dad? And RL was only choosing from Addidas schools?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BGleas said:

Funny how out your way you go to defend UK, yet you want to bury IU and Langford. 

Go do your own research, there are tons of articles out there on it. 

He wants to bury IU because he is a UK fan and he is finally seeing Cal's system is not working ad well as it was earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sark said:

How was Duke wrong in the ZW matter? What did they do? Again even a little proof would be nice but you have none. And show me proof Self did that. Not rumor. Proof. Any at all. 

So all of these guys are getting paid. Zion's family all of the sudden has sweet rides and is living in a million dollar home in Durham, not where they're from and in the same town as Duke's campus and Coach K is oblivious and has no idea? 

Did Coach K direct the payments, most likely not. But, he had no idea that Zion's family all of the sudden moved to one of the sweetest homes in town?

You are extremely naive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Funny how out your way you go to defend UK, yet you want to bury IU and Langford. 

Go do your own research, there are tons of articles out there on it. 

So you have no proof whatsoever right? As for RL, I’m just using your standards, why is that wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sark said:

Those same people have said that shoe companies doing the same for Duke, UK and KU is illegal. Can’t have it both ways 

Your head is in the sand if you think a guy like Self doesn’t cheat or that UNC didn’t engage in a wide spread 20 year conspiracy to defraud the NCAA over academic fraud or that Louisville cheated as a recruiting strategy or that Duke leased a million dollar house for a player as they did with Magette years ago or that Kentucky’s entire culture is a cesspool of desperate cheating or that their coach was embroiled in cheating scandals in both of his prior stops.  

Meanwhile, your reckless ignorance or mendacity regarding IU’s administration undercuts your credibility.  You either know or should know based on your stubborn overconfidence and arrogance that IU’s administration goes overboard in trying to catch IU in the slightest irregularities.  They self reported phone calls.  We talking about phone calls.  Meanwhile Billy what’s his name at Kansas gets caught driving a Bentley.  A number of guys who purported to like IU in the recruiting process ended up at cheating schools months after singing IUs praise.  It’s not complicated to follow what happened when you look at kids like Rawle Alkins and Billy Bentley who got paid off by Kansas.  

No, IU does not cheat at the level of those schools to competitive disadvantage.  You’re fooling yourself if you think IU couldn’t wade into those waters and land that kind of talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He wants to bury IU because he is a UK fan and he is finally seeing Cal's system is not working ad well as it was earlier.

Proof Scott. Why do you keep dodging that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sark said:

They don’t get out of state talent because of leadership. It’s always been that simple no matter how little you know about it or try to avoid what you’ve said. Stuctual challenges. You can’t even explain that. You really don’t know  what your talking about.Structural issues. Lol

I can’t help you any further.  It’s beyond your grasp.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sark said:

So Addidas funneled money to RL thru his dad? And RL was only choosing from Addidas schools?

So no proof. Got it.

For the record, your responses constitute a deflection unlike my clarification earlier in this thread which you tried to say was one. Again, learn the English language.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...