Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Scott

7 college basketball fans living in the past

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Your head is in the sand if you think a guy like Self doesn’t cheat or that UNC didn’t engage in a wide spread 20 year conspiracy to defraud the NCAA over academic fraud or that Louisville cheated as a recruiting strategy or that Duke leased a million dollar house for a player as they did with Magette years ago or that Kentucky’s entire culture is a cesspool of desperate cheating or that their coach was embroiled in cheating scandals in both of his prior stops.  

Meanwhile, your reckless ignorance or mendacity regarding IU’s administration undercuts your credibility.  You either know or should know based on your stubborn overconfidence and arrogance that IU’s administration goes overboard in trying to catch IU in the slightest irregularities.  They self reported phone calls.  We talking about phone calls.  Meanwhile Billy what’s his name at Kansas gets caught driving a Bentley.  A number of guys who purported to like IU in the recruiting process ended up at cheating schools months after singing IUs praise.  It’s not complicated to follow what happened when you look at kids like Rawle Alkins and Billy Bentley who got paid off by Kansas.  

No, IU does not cheat at the level of those schools to competitive disadvantage.  You’re fooling yourself if you think IU couldn’t wade into those waters and land that kind of talent. 

Duke leased a house for a player? That should be easy to prove. And you already showed you don’t know anything about IUs administration. Your talking in circles because you made posts about Nebraska football and didn’t know what you were talking about. Structural issues? That’s nonsense.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I can’t help you any further.  It’s beyond your grasp.  

You keep deflecting because you said something that made no sense. You tried to make something up and it backfired because you didn’t know about Nebraska. Can’t help you if you don’t get it.

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

So no proof. Got it.

For the record, your responses constitute a deflection unlike my clarification earlier in this thread which you tried to say was one. Again, learn the English language.

TL got paid by Addidas. That’s fact no matter how much you keep denying it. It’s more proof than you or anyone else here has shown. You lose badly on this.

1 minute ago, Sark said:

Duke leased a house for a player? That should be easy to prove. And you already showed you don’t know anything about IUs administration. Your talking in circles because you made posts about Nebraska football and didn’t know what you were talking about. Structural issues? That’s nonsense.

You know Adidas paid to give K cover but the circumstances demonstrate K would have to know.  Of course he will get away with it the way Roy did by lying.  You’re very naive and/or dishonest.  

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You know Adidas paid to give K cover but the circumstances demonstrate K would have to know.  Of course he will get away with it the way Roy did by lying.  You’re very naive and/or dishonest.  

In other words you have no proof at all. Just like Nebraska posts about structural issues which you admitted wasn’t the case. You don’t even get the Zion details right. It has nothing to do with Addidas. Not surprised.

Edited by Sark

2 minutes ago, Sark said:

You keep deflecting because you said something that made no sense. You tried to make something up and it backfired because you didn’t know about Nebraska. Can’t help you if you don’t get it.

I didn’t deflect. You don’t comprehend.  The board is not served by any further petulance on your part.  Let it go.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I didn’t deflect. You don’t comprehend.  The board is not served by any further petulance on your part.  Let it go.  

He doesn't understand the word "deflect" and had misused it several times. Not surprising considering he thinks "closer to a national championship" is the same thing as "has a more recent national championship."

• Haha 1

You'd have to be horribly negligent and naive to have your prized recruit's family move to your campus' town into a million dollar home, and all have sweet rides out of the blue, and have no clue about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You couldn’t back up one thing you said because none of it was accurate. You were completely wrong on the Zion details too. It involved an agent he hired and then fired, not Addidas. More evidence about lack of proof.

I realize I've leaned into this thread pretty hard. 

But, I can't imagine spending this much time and energy defending a largely corrupt industry and defending the people at the very top of the industry that have a ton of smoke around them. Seems to me that someone like that would have to have to pretty large agenda. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

You'd have to be horribly negligent and naive to have your prized recruit's family move to your campus' town into a million dollar home, and all have sweet rides out of the blue, and have no clue about it. 

Did former IU assistant know about Camby at UMass? Did archie know about cheating at Arizona? Is there any way he wouldn’t have been a part of that? Since he considers Cal like family, wouldn’t he support the way Cal recruits?

7 minutes ago, Sark said:

TL got paid by Addidas. That’s fact no matter how much you keep denying it. It’s more proof than you or anyone else here has shown. You lose badly on this.

I haven't denied it once. You haven't shown proof that that's why he chose IU, though. But I was actually asking about your evidence for this post of yours:

"And everyone said Duke cheated to get MB, too. The RL situation was no different. Part of the reason Cal didn’t want Romeo was because TL wanted more than a scholarship offer. It’s what everyone knew happened."

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

But, I can't imagine spending this much time and energy defending a largely corrupt industry and defending the people at the very top of the industry that have a ton of smoke around them. Seems to me that someone like that would have to have to pretty large agenda. 

I’m a college basketball fan. So I’m here because I love the sport. Not sure about your motives.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I haven't denied it once. You haven't shown proof that that's why he chose IU, though. But I was actually asking about your evidence for this post of yours:

"And everyone said Duke cheated to get MB, too. The RL situation was no different. Part of the reason Cal didn’t want Romeo was because TL wanted more than a scholarship offer. It’s what everyone knew happened."

Which part are you not aware of? You’d have to be very naive to think those things didn’t happen.

Just now, Sark said:

Which part are you not aware of? You’d have to be very naive to think those things didn’t happen.

I haven't said either way whether he chose it because of that. It's certainly possible but I don't know. I'm not part of the family or their inner circle so I can't say what drive the choice. Neither are you. So please stop trying to put words in my mouth and claim I said something I didn't.

But according to you UK and Cal, Duke and Coach K, KU and Self, etc are all innocent and there's "nothing to see here" yet IU is guilty using even more tenuous connection? And you try to pretend you're an IU fan. Everyone sees through you. I'm done with you, Ordfan. Welcome to ignore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I haven't said either way whether he chose it because of that. It's certainly possible but I don't know. I'm not part of the family or their inner circle so I can't say what drive the choice. Neither are you. So please stop trying to put words in my mouth and claim I said something I didn't.

But according to you UK and Cal, Duke and Coach K, KU and Self, etc are all innocent and there's "nothing to see here" yet IU is guilty using even more tenuous connection? And you try to pretend you're an IU fan. Everyone sees through you. I'm done with you, Ordfan. Welcome to ignore.

He is either Ordfan or Fepaugh and he wants to ruin this board like he did rivals

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Please stop putting words in my mouth. Tour very naive though

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He is either Ordfan or Fepaugh and he wants to ruin this board like he did rivals

Please put me on ignore Scott since you don’t want to talk basketball. Than you.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

It is fairly evident the individual in question has zero interest in arguing in good faith. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sark said:

Part of the reason Cal didn’t want Romeo was because TL wanted more than a scholarship offer. It’s what everyone knew happened.

Phone conversation between Cal and Coach K...

Cal: "Hey Mike, how are you? Have you talked to this Langford kid?"

K: "No, not yet."

Cal: "Well hold on, because, get this he wants (whispering) money to come here!"

K: "What!?!?!" You're kidding!"

Cal: "No...we're staying away from him!"

K: "Well, we will too."

Secretary: "Coach, the Williamson family is on line 1, and that realtor you wanted me to get ahold of is on line 2.:

K: "Oh, ok...Gotta run, Cal."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

It is fairly evident the individual in question has zero interest in arguing in good faith. 

Not true at all. Asking people to show some evidence really upset a few people so I should’ve realized that and moved on from them. My bad.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

You have worn out your welcome here. 

Sorry you feel that way but I’ll talk IU basketball and football with anyone who wants to. I now know who doesn’t and why so that’s cool to.