C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

The couple of games I saw him on TV he didn't shoot well.  I guess when I think of a guy being a big ten recruit I expected a guy to be more dominate.  He showed flashes of being really good and he still has over a year until he will be going to college.

Edited by IU Scott

CJ reminds me exactly what we did with Armaan. For some reason the ranking services overlooked kid early on but as he adds weight to his frame will be similar. Perfect spot for him to come in, learn from Armaan/Trey/Leal,etc....and be ready to contribute his 1st season but pounce as a starter his 2nd. Exactly the type of kid we want.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Does IU have a good shot at both?

I think from reading the TDH articles and the chatter around here, we're the favorite for Gunn...And an announcement this early has to bode well for us, I'd think...

Washington? I don't know...We don't get Gary kids too often...But, we're in the race...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I cannot imagine there being a better conference if you combine football and basketball, in the country. Absurd. 

It's hard to imagine but I'd venture to say there probably is.  

Basketball and football top to bottom is fantastic.  I'd imagine some of the Florida leagues are incredible.  Texas probably has a few.  I'm guessing there are others.  Just checking out the high school national top 25 maybe houston.  They might have 3 conferences as good as the mic in football.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

Older article from ITH...

But there's a couple of quotes/facts that stand out...

“I believe I’m a great two-way player,” Gunn said. “I believe I’m unpredictable and I can score on all three levels. Mostly, I’m big on that two-way player, and I take defense as a priority…The game revolves around energy, and I believe defense…you just have that energy on the court, you can feed off of that and that turns into offense.”

His size and stature (Gunn stands 6-foot-5, weighs 175 lbs. and has a 6-foot-9 wingspan) allows him to be equally comfortable bringing the ball up the court and playing on the wing, skills he’s helped refine this summer by playing AAU games in Fort Wayne, Indiana, with the Indy Heat Gym Rats."

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It's hard to imagine but I'd venture to say there probably is.  

Basketball and football top to bottom is fantastic.  I'd imagine some of the Florida leagues are incredible.  Texas probably has a few.  I'm guessing there are others.  Just checking out the high school national top 25 maybe houston.  They might have 3 conferences as good as the mic in football.  

I really don't think so. Both sports combined... top to bottom. All public schools, especially. 

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I really don't think so. Both sports combined... top to bottom. All public schools, especially. 

Use to be the old South Central Conference ruled at least in basketball...In football, Bloomington High School (when there was only Bloomington and University high schools in Bloomington) had a 60 game winning streak from 1967 into 1973...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Use to be the old South Central Conference ruled at least in basketball...In football, Bloomington High School (when there was only Bloomington and University high schools in Bloomington) had a 60 game winning streak from 1967 into 1973...

My head football coach in HS and the guy I work under now (Reed May) was on those teams. All of that was before these MIC schools became mega HS's 2500+ 

LN starts 6'7, 6'5, 6'5... brings 6'9 off the bench. 2 of their top 8 are D1 football players, 3 of their top 8 are D1 basketball palyers, and the 6'9 kid isn't either of those lol crazy. 

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The best basketball conference in the old days was the one with these schools.

New Castle

Marion

Muncie Central

Richmond