C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

Just now, IU Scott said:

On Indiana sports beat with Jim Could and about an hour into the show.  It is on YouTube.  He is not ripping him as a player and said he is a good get.  He said announcing it during the super bowl was to individual and not what a team player would do

Thanks for the info. Lame on Leary's part. I suppose if he held a big production tonight it would have been better...

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well now Leary is ripping CJ on how he announced his decision at the halftime of the Super Bowl.

Leary is hilarious - I can only assume he is joking about this.

Given the video the he produced, I took the announcement timing in the opposite way. I mean the announcement is clearly buried then. I assume only diehard IU fans were paying attention.

4 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Given the video the he produced, I took the announcement timing in the opposite way. I mean the announcement is clearly buried then. I assume only diehard IU fans were paying attention.

Definitely not joking

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GaloisGroupe said:

To a degree, I get it.  I hate the way these announcements are done these days...but they are what they are.  They will keep happening as long as 30, 40, and 50 year old men have countdowns on the decisions of 16, 17, and 18 year olds.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

On Indiana sports beat with Jim Could and about an hour into the show.  It is on YouTube.  He is not ripping him as a player and said he is a good get.  He said announcing it during the super bowl was to individual and not what a team player would do

CJ will always be one of my favorite players for taking me away from the halftime show

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

CJ will always be one of my favorite players for taking me away from the halftime show

You didn't need to watch it to know who he picked. He had IU color emoji's and was retweeting Armaan's game winner like an hour before. I really hate the announcement stuff, but mostly because I don't really understand the "mystery" aspect of it. Like I'm all for having a formal announcement but I do not like the whole hat switcharoo thing etc. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

The first 10 minutes of Dakich today he ripped on Gunn wouldn't even say his name and was just mocking making the decision during the super bowl

Narcissists have to narcissist. I'll give DD credit though. He's convinced enough people to keep earning a check. I just wishIndy radio had better options. DD is a windbag. Query/Schultz before they got canned were amateur hour at best....Jake just loved to hear himself talk. 

JMV seems like a good dude but he tows the line. 

Anyway...back to the thread. Gunn is just like Armaan and Leal and Galloway and Jordan...keep stacking those top 100 kids who have multiple abilities. I'm not saying 2002....but starting to see early signs of those TC, KH, JO, AJ, DF, JN teams...pepper those guys with elite (JJ) and we'll have this thing moving again. Just have to get that point.

• Like 5

On 2/7/2021 at 8:41 PM, IU Scott said:

1 down and need at least two more and both need to be taller than 6'8.  I guess it depends if we get any transfers this off season and how many years they have left to play.

Actually we need a point guard. Even if Lander stays a couple years we need another top flight point guard...we see what happens when we get underwhelming point guard play. So besides Duncomb we need another big and a point guard. Not sure what our scholarship budget will look like with this year being a bonus year but gotta think we need another point guard with Rob on the way out.

• Like 1

Dan is so courageous using his big platform to dog on a 17 year old kid who is obviously well intentioned and showed nothing but class and humility.  Dan is in his upper 50s and that’s on his radar to mock a kid?  He thinks that’s a responsible use of his platform?  At his age? That’s just weak.  

Good for Gunn to get on board early.  An IU guy all the way.  His skill set screams two way player.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Narcissists have to narcissist. I'll give DD credit though. He's convinced enough people to keep earning a check. I just wishIndy radio had better options. DD is a windbag. Query/Schultz before they got canned were amateur hour at best....Jake just loved to hear himself talk. 

JMV seems like a good dude but he tows the line. 

Anyway...back to the thread. Gunn is just like Armaan and Leal and Galloway and Jordan...keep stacking those top 100 kids who have multiple abilities. I'm not saying 2002....but starting to see early signs of those TC, KH, JO, AJ, DF, JN teams...pepper those guys with elite (JJ) and we'll have this thing moving again. Just have to get that point.

I don't think any of those guys were or are ranked top 100 but I'm thoroughly enjoying all of them.  And yes.  Add some elite talent.  

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't think any of those guys were or are ranked top 100 but I'm thoroughly enjoying all of them.  And yes.  Add some elite talent.  

Which guys? I guess I should clarify my comments. When I say top 100 guys I would hope most know the inference. Not the elite, not the guys from 30-50 that have a chance to leave after 2-3 years (Williams, Blackmon, Bryant, and so forth....) but guys that will absolutely be around for 3 years for sure but are just really good program players.

Maybe someone was ranked 107, 114, 91....just a general top 100 guys comment. 

• Like 1

The crap that Dan Dackich says and does is the exact reason he was a terrible coach and why no one would want to send their kid to play for him. Dan...learned all of Knights assholeness and none of his charisma and I’m sure little of his basketball acumen.

No one wants to play for a dime store knock off coach.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Which guys? I guess I should clarify my comments. When I say top 100 guys I would hope most know the inference. Not the elite, not the guys from 30-50 that have a chance to leave after 2-3 years (Williams, Blackmon, Bryant, and so forth....) but guys that will absolutely be around for 3 years for sure but are just really good program players.

Maybe someone was ranked 107, 114, 91....just a general top 100 guys comment. 

I was just going off the guys you rattled off.  I did forget that Jordan was in the 70s.  They are all going to be serious players and have the desire to improve and I think they all hate losing.  Something the program has been lacking since Yogi graduated.  

• Like 2