C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

Just now, dgambill said:

The crap that Dan Dackich says and does is the exact reason he was a terrible coach and why no one would want to send their kid to play for him. Dan...got all of Knights assholeness and none of his charisma and I’m sure little of his basketball acumen.

Maybe we should start a thread for Indy media. I know the honks in the 765 think they all cheer for IU every single second but none actually do. I tried to debate with Dakich one time on air.....he said blah blah blah when I said you Sampson, Senderoff and the gang looked pretty chummy in October of 2007 when I met with them. He tried his whole bit of trying to talk over me so I just waited and said....you done windbag? I got hung up on. Haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Maybe we should start a thread for Indy media. I know the honks in the 765 think they all cheer for IU every single second but none actually do. I tried to debate with Dakich one time on air.....he said blah blah blah when I said you Sampson, Senderoff and the gang looked pretty chummy in October of 2007 when I met with them. He tried his whole bit of trying to talk over me so I just waited and said....you done windbag? I got hung up on. Haha. 

Good for you...I kinda just point back to my recent post...how we got these guys out of all the great ones to choose from representing the program at the forefront baffles me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is Dakich on meds? He seems to have wild mood swings. Doesn’t seem like a bad guy, just a bit all over the map. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Good for you...I kinda just point back to my recent post...how we got these guys out of all the great ones to choose from representing the program at the forefront baffles me.

Yep....and what's even more frightening is some of the folks around the league see Dakich is on the call for us and they still think it's IU bias. Shoot. Archie gets Dakich daughter an internship and he goes on the air the next ripping him. I pray 1070 will eventually see the light and give someone else a chance. I won't listen and any sponsor on their air....won't support. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boiler Sam said:

Is Dakich on meds? He seems to have wild mood swings. Doesn’t seem like a bad guy, just a bit all over the map. 

No clue. My guess is no because meds might help. The very guy who rips Knight for being so hell bent stubborn....is living the exact same life without any of the merits to justify or back up his behavior. 

Dakich is basically a ship without a port....and a large microphone. 

• Like 1

I’m sorry this stuff gets me angry...seriously look at UK down there...a dumpster fire and Matt Jones day in and day out still kisses UKs admin and coaches a$$....and we got ex players supposedly reporting and representing the view of IU and all they do is drag us down??....sickening. I’ve done my share of fair criticizing but these guys make a sport of it. Sometimes I wonder if they don’t want IU to be good. The Indy media should find better talent...they may think being edgy and being critical gets listeners but I’ll tell you what will get more...promote the program...lift it up and encourage kids to go there and restore it to its glory days...nothing will shoot your numbers and ratings like having a great exciting program that everyone wants to follow and talk about.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue. My guess is no because meds might help. The very guy who rips Knight for being so hell bent stubborn....is living the exact same life without any of the merits to justify or back up his behavior. 

Dakich is basically a ship without a port....and a large microphone. 

The man can be entertaining. He was better at analyzing hoops when he stuck to the game instead of trying to be the next Dickie V. 

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:
He coached Montross and Leary, Oden and Conley, and many other greats along the way. See what Lawrence North legend Jack Keefer had to say about new IU basketball commit CJ Gunn.

Read that this morning (thanks to the email notification...anyone who hasn't signed up for that is missing out!)

Outstanding read @The Daily Hoosier Thanks...

• Like 1

Just wanted to say ITH had a Q/A with Gunn/Family. Very grounded family and obviously talented kid. I know we want to pepper our roster with TJD, Lander...Jalen Washington types but give me players like Gunn all day.

I'll say the same thing I said when Armaan said yes. Vastly underrated. I think CJ is the same.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just wanted to say ITH had a Q/A with Gunn/Family. Very grounded family and obviously talented kid. I know we want to pepper our roster with TJD, Lander...Jalen Washington types but give me players like Gunn all day.

I'll say the same thing I said when Armaan said yes. Vastly underrated. I think CJ is the same.

I remember thinking with Armaan, I liked his size and all around game.  Same with this kid.  High quality family.  High quality upside. 

Expecting nice jumps.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good things to say about Archie’s recruiting as well from the father and CJ. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I remember thinking with Armaan, I liked his size and all around game.  Same with this kid.  High quality family.  High quality upside. 

Expecting nice jumps.

I hope we keep bringing in kids like Gunn and Armaan every year. 

Contribute some year 1

Really start blossoming year 2

Absolute stud year 3 and year 4. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Those kids are the glue to the program. Sprinkle in some top 50 talent and that seems to be a recipe for success 

Couldn't agree more - the thing that is hurting us right now is that one of the guy's who is supposed to be in that stud stage is Rob and he for whatever reason (I suspect his concussion) he just hasn't progressed. You can see he has the physical tools to have developed like you'd hope, it just isn't working out. 

• Like 4