C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

19 hours ago, IUskim said:

If you can listen to it via podcast I think last week when he has Matt Taylor from the colts on at the beginning of the show he didn’t realize they were live or something he said he hated covering this team or something like that because Archie has no f’n personality. 

The media is getting tired of Archie thinking he is bigger than the job.  I'm sorry, but part of the job is to get on the circuit and particpate in shows.  Why does Illinois coach and Creighton's coach get interviewed on indy radio more than IU's coach.  Why is Roy Williams, UCLA's coach, etc on Chicago radio?  They do it because it is part of the gig.  Not watching Netflix.  

Just saying.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue what FW Snider has talent wise but it's obviously not some small school. I remember Armaan having games like this in high school but for whatever reason he stayed in the 100+ range of rankings. Kid is the same mold.

Living in Southern Indiana I dont hear anything about those Northern schools, but im sure they are no cake walk...Gunn is commited now so he will probably drop out of top 150..🙄😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I saw he was 12-19 overall in that game so the worst possible 3 point shooting for this game would've been 9-16 (56%) if he was 3-3 inside the arc.

true story, my stud girl player who went on to be a McD's AA and play at UNC was sick and didn't have the energy to drive against our rival and the 2nd best team in the conference, so she proceeded to hit 11 threes in the game and scored 33.  that was it.  no 2s.  no FTs.  11 threes.  

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

CJ had 25 I believe tonight. Just finished off Cathedral in what has to be the toughest sectional in the state. 5 teams ranked in top 10. Really good looking player just like Armaan was at same time. Unreal competition too. 

Was upset with myself because I wanted to watch that game but forgot it was on until it was in the middle of the 4th quarter.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

CJ had 25 I believe tonight. Just finished off Cathedral in what has to be the toughest sectional in the state. 5 teams ranked in top 10. Really good looking player just like Armaan was at same time. Unreal competition too. 

Also makes you wonder if Archie is not back if he will open his recruitment back up.  I know he said that the school is the reason he picked IU for what it can do for you after basketball.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also makes you wonder if Archie is not back if he will open his recruitment back up.  I know he said that the school is the reason he picked IU for what it can do for you after basketball.

Mentioned in a few other threads but I think...."think" we have several kids who chose IU for IU. His Dad's comment about IU players being taken care of well after done playing still sticks with me. I'd imagine he would open it back up if Archie is gone but I also think he's exactly the type of kid that has and would still choose IU for IU. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

CJ looks to play well above the rim.  Kid definitely has a lot of potential 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I was watching the game and it would have made a good poster.  He also got called for a tech which was a little sketchy call 

It was a good dunk, but what about that kid that took the charge. Now there is a team player for you. A lot of fundamental teaching went into that play. I commend the coach and the kid.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

It was a good dunk, but what about that kid that took the charge. Now there is a team player for you. A lot of fundamental teaching went into that play. I commend the coach and the kid.  

It was a terrible charge call. The guy was practically under the basket. 

• 3 weeks later...