C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Which injury? CJ? He fell on it trying to brace a fall. 

all these guys in general..are they really what they say or is it a teen angst ordeal...I always had a few young Marines every year with broke wrist, (radial heads) mostly fighting or punching something not meant to be punched...😉 

2 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

all these guys in general..are they really what they say or is it a teen angst ordeal...I always had a few young Marines every year with broke wrist, (radial heads) mostly fighting or punching something not meant to be punched...😉 

I gotcha. I’m 99% certain it was witnessed by multiple people. A freak accident, not in anger in any way

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Totally see that...

Not sure if coaches still teach how to fall when you take a charge etc... but I was taught and so were all of my players. Most get injured not knowing how to fall or when getting fouled on a drive and off balance and getting that hand down before your head seems pretty important in that split second. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure if coaches still teach how to fall when you take a charge etc... but I was taught and so were all of my players. Most get injured not knowing how to fall or when getting fouled on a drive and off balance and getting that hand down before your head seems pretty important in that split second. 

Exactly.  Hand reflexes.  You shouldn't break your wrist, but if you hit it oddly, you could get hurt.

If you've played ball, we have always had countless falls.  You don't even remember it.  They are mostly orderly and work out.

I am sure you all have had this but the scariest I had was the out of control fall.  I jumped as high as I could for a rebound in traffic (which already means you are vulnerable) and I got bumped and I fell *back first* (I landed on my back) with a gigantic thud.  It was so bad that people stopped and ran over. Somehow I was ok, but it was a fall I will never forget.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Exactly.  Hand reflexes.  You shouldn't break your wrist, but if you hit it oddly, you could get hurt.

If you've played ball, we have always had countless falls.  You don't even remember it.  They are mostly orderly and work out.

I am sure you all have had this but the scariest I had was the out of control fall.  I jumped as high as I could for a rebound in traffic (which already means you are vulnerable) and I got bumped and I fell *back first* (I landed on my back) with a gigantic thud.  It was so bad that people stopped and ran over. Somehow I was ok, but it was a fall I will never forget.

I couldn't jump that high :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I was playing ball at the park along with a couple of people that probably had no business being in a pick up game with us. Got the ball on the baseline and drove and dunked it but one of defenders walked right under me and took out my legs as I was coming down. Face first into asphalt and and a twisted wrist as well. Needless to say I never played basketball with football players again lol!

My freshman picture on my college id sure looked nice...smh.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I was playing ball at the park along with a couple of people that probably had no business being in a pick up game with us. Got the ball on the baseline and drove and dunked it but one of defenders walked right under me and took out my legs as I was coming down. Face first into asphalt and and a twisted wrist as well. Needless to say I never played basketball with football players again lol!

My freshman picture on my college id sure looked nice...smh.

Never had to worry about getting undercut since I could only get off the ground about 4 inches

• Haha 3

Falling on the court can be dangerous. For me, the worst was when I was skating down the puck and the guy behind me either rammed me into the boards, or worse used his stick blade to take my feet out from under me. Skating at any rate of speed, its really hard to try and prepare yourself to hit the end boards. Pads helped, for sure but like most hockey players, I had my share of injuries. 

• Like 2