C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

On 12/29/2021 at 12:03 PM, Seeking6 said:

6-11 from 3. Gunn to me is going to be a perfect compliment to whatever elite guys we bring in over his years in Bloomington. In the mold of Greg Graham, Hornsby type guys and his shot is only going to get better. Glad he's still coming.

Greg Graham is the same player I had in mind.  Very good comparison.  Size, frame, game.  Should be a load to handle by junior/senior season at IU.  

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 6:00 AM, Fundamentals said:

Greg Graham is the same player I had in mind.  Very good comparison.  Size, frame, game.  Should be a load to handle by junior/senior season at IU.  

Greg Graham was a difference maker when he stepped onto the court as a frosh.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

GG was silky smooth, made it look so easy. Those teams were so much fun to watch. 

My wife and I were in Denny's one Sunday when GG and his female friend were there. There was also a girl's softball team in there, probably 13 or 14 year olds. They saw him and converged on his table for autographs. He was very nice to them but you could tell his lady friend was not pleased. Great player.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for those stats. 37% from 3 is solid and there’s time for him to get better.  He looks pretty long and decently quick.  

Bates.  Galloway.  Banks. Gunn. Newton.  There’s a certain switchable, positionless quality to what’s coming and more like that are expected.  We haven’t been like that at the 2-4 positions for awhile and that should help us make a big improvement IMO. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

imageproxy.jpeg

I've been a big fan for awhile and I'm just hoping like crazy that we hit finally on an overlooked in state kid. Ivey was just inside the top 100, Wesley was 120, Sasha was north of 300...

Just saying it would be nice to hit on a kid that has to be one of the best scorers in recent memory that for the most part is the least talked about. 

• Like 4

On 12/31/2021 at 6:35 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

We can only hope he’s another GG. Greg Graham is one of the most underrated players in IU history. 

Little late to the party but I remember watching Graham play at Warren. I was a ball boy for some of his games as an elementary kid. 

Edited by IUKane21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been a big fan for awhile and I'm just hoping like crazy that we hit finally on an overlooked in state kid. Ivey was just inside the top 100, Wesley was 120, Sasha was north of 300...

Just saying it would be nice to hit on a kid that has to be one of the best scorers in recent memory that for the most part is the least talked about. 

I haven't heard people say this about him. I don't know much about him, but the numbers I have seen don't seem to back that up.

35 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I haven't heard people say this about him. I don't know much about him, but the numbers I have seen don't seem to back that up.

That's my point. I have no clue why people aren't talking about him more. He's missed games because of injury so I don't think he qualifies for most season stats record...but he's average 23 or so on the season and put up 30+ a few times down the stretch.

And with all the respect in the world to the Hickory fans (like myself) around the state...he's doing this in 4A in the city. Big difference.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

That's my point. I have no clue why people aren't talking about him more. He's missed games because of injury so I don't think he qualifies for most season stats record...but he's average 23 or so on the season and put up 30+ a few times down the stretch.

And with all the respect in the world to the Hickory fans (like myself) around the state...he's doing this in 4A in the city. Big difference.

I think people, including myself, wrote him off after seemingly an injury prone Junior season and even heading into this season.  But he has put in the work and is in continual improvement mode.  I like that it's been quiet as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Beautiful looking jumper, he elevates and has an insanely quick release for his age.  Loads of potential, Greg Graham potential or even better if he puts it all together.

His form is excellent...release right at the top of the jump...and as Bill Raftery (who had a b-day over the weekend...Happy B-Day Raft!) "He does a great job getting his puppies organized." 

• Like 2