C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

It's always interesting to see how these kids grow from the time of their verbal commitment to when they get to game one of their freshman season. Today CJ looks wiry and about as slim as you can get. In 16 months or so I'd expect one of those, for lack of a better word, glamour shot photos of him looking semi-hulk like with an extra 15 lbs of muscle. Its a process but I'm excited about another Indiana kid becoming a fan favorite at IU.

Edited by Euroclydon

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Reminds me of a Greg Graham type of player coming in.  Let’s hope he turns out like him!

Yep. Can't emphasize enough how important it is to keep stacking these types of kids in a program. Sure we want elite guys too....but having 6-7 top 100 kids in your program like this at all times is so important. We say that yesterday alone. 

Congrats to CJ and his family.

Curious on one thing if anyone can expand. His Dad mentioned Gary Harris Sr as someone who is part of their circle. Interesting to say the least. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Can't emphasize enough how important it is to keep stacking these types of kids in a program. Sure we want elite guys too....but having 6-7 top 100 kids in your program like this at all times is so important. We say that yesterday alone. 

Congrats to CJ and his family.

Curious on one thing if anyone can expand. His Dad mentioned Gary Harris Sr as someone who is part of their circle. Interesting to say the least. 

I thought Gary Harris kind of wanted to come here, but something weird with recruiting in state at the time for IU.

My knowledge is just from an earlier variant of this board... someone might be better to comment on the recruitment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Reminds me of a Greg Graham type of player coming in.  Let’s hope he turns out like him!

Congrats to Gunn and IU for landing him. I don’t know Gunn’s game but I really enjoyed watching Graham. The comparison (I realize you are saying same type of player, not necessarily as good of a player) is high praise for Gunn as Graham was a burger boy coming out of high school.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Congrats to Gunn and IU for landing him. I don’t know Gunn’s game but I really enjoyed watching Graham. The comparison (I realize you are saying same type of player, not necessarily as good of a player) is high praise for Gunn as Graham was a burger boy coming out of high school.

I vaguely remember Greg hitting 20+ foul shots in a game one time. 

13 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

From TDH Q&A link

This is promising after all the speculation that our assistant coaches were doing too much of the talking with the recruits and Archie wasn't getting in early enough

And it clearly made a difference. Maybe Archie recognizes this and changed his style up a little bit to get more recruits.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I watched that game when I was in quarantined the first time and remembered that stat.  The only other time I remember an IU player shooting like that from the line was Kitchel in 81 against UI going 18-18

I vividly remember that game. Henderson on the bench with a knee brace on. That team would of won it all. They had the whole package.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I vividly remember that game. Henderson on the bench with a knee brace on. That team would of won it all. They had the whole package.

I was 23 that year and it was a great team but I thought the 92 team was better.  At least it was deeper because even before Henderson's injury all we had up front was Henderson, Nover and Evans

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I was 23 that year and it was a great team but I thought the 92 team was better.  At least it was deeper because even before Henderson's injury all we had up front was Henderson, Nover and Evans

That 92 team got completely hosed by TV Ted in the FF against Duke. Still bitter.

• Like 5