C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'd be very interested for those how can follow his HS season to keep us updated. No offense to the kid but he was a borderline recruit.....under Archie....I'm not exactly sold on him but will trust that he is going to put in the effort to help us on the court.

Lots of potential, quick, athletic, long arms, but is a streaky shooter.  If he’s patient and works he will be valuable when he is a junior/senior.  Reminds me a lot of Greg Graham, his build, and his game.  Greg was a lot better coming out of high school though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Lots of potential, quick, athletic, long arms, but is a streaky shooter.  If he’s patient and works he will be valuable when he is a junior/senior.  Reminds me a lot of Greg Graham, his build, and his game.  Greg was a lot better coming out of high school though. 

Very accurate assessment. Has a very good work ethic from what I hear

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'd be very interested for those how can follow his HS season to keep us updated. No offense to the kid but he was a borderline recruit.....under Archie....I'm not exactly sold on him but will trust that he is going to put in the effort to help us on the court.

Seems like a big year for him to prove himself shooting the ball.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Thanks....Graham was a really good shooter....guess that is my main concern....guys that can knock down shots. Armaan was really the only guy last year that could do that consistently and I'm not sure we have replaced that yet. Tired of tossing up bricks while Purdue and some others have multiple shooters.

On 11/15/2021 at 3:44 PM, dgambill said:

Thought I read that he broke a toe in practice and will miss the start of the season. Hopefully he can heal quickly and have a good year.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Gunn scored 32 points in a 88-79 loss to Tindley.

That's a pretty high scoring HS game! They must have really been getting up and down. Haven't seen a score like that in years it seems...usually it's one sided when they are scoring that much. Must have been a great game to watch!

7 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Weird game last night. Lot of stories and rumblings about one of the officials being a dad of a player who was cut at LN. LN coach ejected, etc. great to see CJ have himself a night 

I read on BTB that the free throw attempts were 40-2 and that LN's coach and a player both got 2 T's. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1