C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Gunn scored 32 points in a 88-79 loss to Tindley.

6-11 from 3. Gunn to me is going to be a perfect compliment to whatever elite guys we bring in over his years in Bloomington. In the mold of Greg Graham, Hornsby type guys and his shot is only going to get better. Glad he's still coming.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

6-11 from 3. Gunn to me is going to be a perfect compliment to whatever elite guys we bring in over his years in Bloomington. In the mold of Greg Graham, Hornsby type guys and his shot is only going to get better. Glad he's still coming.

For LN to be successful this season, CJ is gonna have to carry the load big time. Won’t be shocked if he averages 25-28 ppg this season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Hard to go wrong with long athletic wings who can shoot 

I know we all love long athletic type....and I do too. Allows for longer reach when guarding opponents and can help get your shot off over an opponent. One thing I've noticed and it isn't exclusive because let's be real Kevin Durant is very long and basically the best scorer in the NBA and a great shooter (but he also probably spends more time in the gym then our whole IU team combined)...so he has perfected his craft. But seems that with longer arms any small deviation in form on a shot will result in larger deviation on result. Meaning those longer arm/motion shooters have a tendancy to be more inconsistant with their shooting. I wonder how much just chasing wing span effects shooting percentages....over time these guys especially NBA talent perfect their craft...or like Tim Duncan and Kawhi they shorten/simplify their shooting stroke (kind of see that stiff jumper Kawhi developed and has worked for him). But at the college level seems you get these great 3pt shooters mostly with the compact/short quick release....and many are undersized type kids. Just wondering what others thought on that. 

As far as CJ goes....keep it up...we need great shooters and I'm happy to hear that about him!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Stole the link from BTown Banners, but here's the ugly details...

Sounds like the biggest robbery since the Lufthansa heist...

I keep trying to find the scene from the movie hoosiers corresponding to this part of the script: 

That's a flagrant foul!
That player should be out of the game!

- He didn't do nothing wrong.

- Come on, that's hillbilly justice!

You ain't been here long, have you?

Long enough to recognize a hometown referee!

Technical foul. 

Look, it's bad enough we gotta play in this cage you call a gym.

Maybe someone more skilled with youtube or something than me can find it.. it seems a propos

• Like 2

Never mind...Exactly what I thought it was...Agenda driven...You are referring to November 28, 2008 when Oklahoma beat Purdue in OT at Madison Square Garden...I guess the Okies imported refs and Oklahoma shot 46 FTs to Purdue's 5...

@Purdue7, any stat that helps put the Boilermakers on the losing end of any game, is a good one by me...If you're expecting sympathy or trying to point out some kind of hypocrisy, I'd think that'd play better on GBI...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Never mind...Exactly what I thought it was...Agenda driven...You are referring to November 28, 2008 when Oklahoma beat Purdue in OT at Madison Square Garden...I guess the Okies imported refs and Oklahoma shot 46 FTs to Purdue's 5...

@Purdue7, any stat that helps put the Boilermakers on the losing end of any game, is a good one by me...If you're expecting sympathy or trying to point out some kind of hypocrisy, I'd think that'd play better on GBI...

Calm down - that is also a screw job and we'd all say the same if it were IU. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Calm down - that is also a screw job and we'd all say the same if it were IU. 

I'm as calm as can be, and you're obviously missing my point...

In a thread on an Indiana basketball forum talking about an Indiana signee, and the game he played in that possibly had some side drama re the officiating, what relevance does a Purdue game played over 13 years ago have to IU fans? None at all...Surely you can see that...

Think if I took this picture and signed up for an account at GBI (not happening)

1610078500_HaarmtipinvsIU.thumb.jpg.829f925b40a285c7ac85e70739ac218e.jpg

and found a "we got screwed over"  thread, and said, "yeah, we've been there"  my user name would last over 30 seconds?

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

On 12/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, BGleas said:

I always go back to the Arizona National Title team. The backcourt was Mike Bibby, Miles Simon, Michael Dickerson, and Jason Terry was the first guard off the bench. 

Of the four, Miles Simon was a 1st Team All American. The other three had successful NBA careers (though I believe Dickerson retired early because of injuries), while Simon only appeared in 5 total NBA games. 

10 hours ago, GaloisGroupe said:

At least, for Purdue, it was just a game in November... what about 42-16 in the final four...

Was that DUKE game in 92?

9 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'm as calm as can be, and you're obviously missing my point...

In a thread on an Indiana basketball forum talking about an Indiana signee, and the game he played in that possibly had some side drama re the officiating, what relevance does a Purdue game played over 13 years ago have to IU fans? None at all...Surely you can see that...

Think if I took this picture and signed up for an account at GBI (not happening)

1610078500_HaarmtipinvsIU.thumb.jpg.829f925b40a285c7ac85e70739ac218e.jpg

and found a "we got screwed over"  thread, and said, "yeah, we've been there"  my user name would last over 30 seconds?

Was that ball above the cylinder?

over the back could have been called