C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I thought his Dad's comment was telling and rings true. State takes care of IU kids. Some of these other kids that want to chart their own path to Purdue, UCLA....and elsewhere can find a new home. They better hit on NBA because they won't find the job market begging for their services down the road.

I like our chances with this one. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Article sounds good and with the other two teams in what is believed his top 3 I think IU would be the pick.  Unless some other top programs come around I would think IU would be the top choice.  It sounded like if he can come for a visit in the spring it will really help the process.

Yea I like IU chances here. He is very solid. Would gladly take him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

We obviously need a big and PG in this class, but Gunn is high on my list as well. This team still desperately needs shooters and he should be able to come in and fill that role Day 1.

What is his shooting like? Good...or deadly?? I mean we need deadly...we need a kid that can shoot on the big stage...no more practice 5* practicers.

19 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought his Dad's comment was telling and rings true. State takes care of IU kids. Some of these other kids that want to chart their own path to Purdue, UCLA....and elsewhere can find a new home. They better hit on NBA because they won't find the job market begging for their services down the road.

I like our chances with this one. 

They will if they get a good degree lol. Purdue degree holds a ton of value. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They will if they get a good degree lol. Purdue degree holds a ton of value. 

Sure it does....but as it relates to his Dad's comments IU players get taken care of long after things are done and over with. Ask Kris Wilkes (minus health) how things are looking with that UCLA brand he was creating. Shoot the guy could come back like Coverdale is and does make well into six figures slinging insurance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

So do a lot of B1G schools but IU’s alumni base is one of largest and that means more connections/networking.

I'd question largest, since IU is typically on the lower end of total enrollments. 

For a state school, IU has a very good geographic spread among it's alumni base though. 

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sure it does....but as it relates to his Dad's comments IU players get taken care of long after things are done and over with. Ask Kris Wilkes (minus health) how things are looking with that UCLA brand he was creating. Shoot the guy could come back like Coverdale is and does make well into six figures slinging insurance.

Throughout the state, you will have more career advantages as a former Hoosier player. Not even debatable. 

• Like 1