C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Rock our world. No one rocks the MICs world. Especially not the top 5. Difference is.. ATL and Miami and Houston have 2 or 3 conferences that can half way compare to the MIC. 

But yes.. it seems early indication is CJ Gunn will be a Hoosier. The football in me hopes he and McCulley influence Cooper.  

I think we're both daring each other to go ahead and do the research but I don't really care that much maybe some up-and-coming reporter can do that for us one day 😂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Rock our world. No one rocks the MICs world. Especially not the top 5. Difference is.. ATL and Miami and Houston have 2 or 3 conferences that can half way compare to the MIC. 

But yes.. it seems early indication is CJ Gunn will be a Hoosier. The football in me hopes he and McCulley influence Cooper.  

Can we pull Strickland, DeMon Moore and Cooper?  That’d be nice.  We’ve been told Curry is a long shot.  

5 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I'd be shocked if CJ wasn't a Hoosier.

In regards to Jalen, I WISH we could land him, but MSU will be tough to beat here.....with Purdue having a little chance also.

Would love to have him.  I think he can do damage at the spot for us.  But if it’s not meant to be, it’s good to know early.  We can focus on other big forwards in that class.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

All things look and sound positive.  My record of late is not good so I won't comment on my thoughts. 

I think most of us realize that information regarding recruits is fluid and don't expect those with connections to the program to be right 100% of time. Most of us appreciate your info so I would encourage you and the others with sources to keep posting what you feel comfortable sharing and don't let the few negative folks keep you from sharing your info!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think most of us realize that information regarding recruits is fluid and don't expect those with connections to the program to be right 100% of time. Most of us appreciate your info so I would encourage you and the others with sources to keep posting what you feel comfortable sharing and don't let the few negative folks keep you from sharing your info!

Since CAM has been here I have no sources to the program unfortunately. I do talk with a lot of high school coaches, parents, radio guys for teams and some AAU people. Several IU people that do have connections. Nothing I pass along is my info I wish it were sometimes but its all second or 3rd hand at best. RL was the only 1 that I had true "inside" info on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUskim said:

So as of now looking like he will be the first commit of 22. Has anyone seen him play? I’ve seen highlights of him. Just looks like a solid 4 year player. 

I’ve seen what you’ve seen probably so would love to hear from someone with insight.  Love the length and he looks fluid.  He has potential on both ends.  To me, player development will be critical because there seems to be a lot to work with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve seen what you’ve seen probably so would love to hear from someone with insight.  Love the length and he looks fluid.  He has potential on both ends.  To me, player development will be critical because there seems to be a lot to work with. 

I have watched a little of his games on TV this year but probably not enough to totally evaluate his game.  The games I have seen he has been ok but did not dominate like I would hope a big ten player would do in high school.  I guess I have been spoiled seeing a bunch of top high school players who went to IU and other big ten schools who you could tell was a big time college player.  I saw Alford in high school and new he was going to be good.  I have went to the HOF tournament in New Castle for years and saw some very good players who went on to the big ten. Like Glen Robinson, Michael Lewis, Sherron Wilkerson, TJD, Kaufman and many more who I can't remember

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched a little of his games on TV this year but probably not enough to totally evaluate his game.  The games I have seen he has been ok but did not dominate like I would hope a big ten player would do in high school.  I guess I have been spoiled seeing a bunch of top high school players who went to IU and other big ten schools who you could tell was a big time college player.  I saw Alford in high school and new he was going to be good.  I have went to the HOF tournament in New Castle for years and saw some very good players who went on to the big ten. Like Glen Robinson, Michael Lewis, Sherron Wilkerson, TJD, Kaufman and many more who I can't remember

I’ve thought the same thing.  He’s a good player but he doesn’t jump out at you when you watch.  At least for me he doesn’t. Again, very solid player just not what I was expecting.

• Like 1

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I’ve thought the same thing.  He’s a good player but he doesn’t jump out at you when you watch.  At least for me he doesn’t. Again, very solid player just not what I was expecting.

Like right now I am watching UCONN and St. Johns game and thought man this is the type of talent we have at IU.  That is not a good thing because we need to be getting the talent of the top teams.  We need to get mainly guys who are at least in the top 100 and hope for some guys in the 20-30 range

• Like 2