C.J. Gunn - 2022 committed to IU

5 hours ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

I am not disagreeing with you at all, but just stating what some people on this board have said. Archie has got Indiana kids and now people are saying he isn't good enough.

People love to see Indiana kids but more so they want to see impact players on the court. Simply put we don’t have enough of those on the roster...and it is pretty full of Indiana kids. Our teams that have won conference championships have had multiple impact players on them. Right now we have 1....maybe 2 on nights Armaan is on. Trayce will be gone very soon. We need that next alpha. Maybe Gunn will be that...right now though he doesn’t even jump off the screen in HS...so that has some concerned.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Watched a lot his game on TV tonight and he finished with 19 points.  He is shooting 77 percent from the line do that is good for IU

I watched some of his highlights.  Looked like the majority of his game is as a slasher to the rim.  Are we recruiting him as a 2 or a 3?

I like the ability to take it to the rim but we really need some guys out there that are a true threat from deep.  I have not seen him play, so not sure how much of his game is shooting.  I see a big piece is being athletic and getting to the rim for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I watched some of his highlights.  Looked like the majority of his game is as a slasher to the rim.  Are we recruiting him as a 2 or a 3?

I like the ability to take it to the rim but we really need some guys out there that are a true threat from deep.  I have not seen him play, so not sure how much of his game is shooting.  I see a big piece is being athletic and getting to the rim for sure.

His last name is Gunn... kids gotta be a shooter 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I think he hit two 3's but doesn't look like a pure shooter

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The thing is next year I think Leal is our deadly shooter... plus we have Stewart who can also shoot em... we need a guy who is just a complete stud at driving and it will open up the 3s for Leal and Stewart and evening RP.

His name is Armaan Franklin

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I could see IU going after a guard transfer this year. Rob will be a senior next year and it’d be nice to have someone besides Lander ready to help. I think Parker Stewart can basically be a better version of Al but he and Armaan will most likely run out of eligibility at the same time. 

Will definitely be interesting with all the guys having an extra year too due to Covid 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

Extra year will be really interesting. I could see guys like Galloway and Leal play 5 years which would be huge for us. Additionally, immediate eligibility for transfers would be really interesting too. 

The vote on the change to the transfer rule was delayed again. They'll have to vote on that and the NIL rules sometime but the NCAA will delay for as long as possible. Probably in hope that people forget about them. They've already delayed voting on the transfer rule for a year. 

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Big game going on right now between #1 LN and #2 Homestead. 29-19 Homestead at the half. 

3 minutes to go and Homestead up 44-39.  LN took the lead and37-36 but Loyer has hit 2 3's.  Gunn had a great steal and layup where he went behind his back and went right around the defender.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Homestead won in OT 55-50. LN has Gunn who looks like will go to IU and another guy going to Butler but their PG thinks he is the best player and tries to take the game over.  In the games I have watched he is hesitant to pass the ball to Gunn

Yeah not sure what that guy was doing tbh. I can’t wait for Loyer to get to Purdue. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah not sure what that guy was doing tbh. I can’t wait for Loyer to get to Purdue. 

Great shooter and couldn't believe he missed that one free throw in OT.  He is shooting 95% from the line but he is a good one.  I did not watch all of the game especially the first half but I did not see Goode hit a shot.  I saw him shoot an air ball from 3