Conistency the key for Morgan

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As much as OG wants Morgan to join him in the NBA, Juwan's game just does not transition well to that level.  

I just don’t see how he makes it at his size without developing some semblance of a perimeter game. His postgame isn’t going to work in the NBA. He’s a bit of Draymond-lite, but Even in college Draymond had developed a perimeter shot that you had to respect/defend. 

Agree. He’s got a year and a half to work on a reliable jumper and his handle.  I wouldn’t put it past him eventually, though.  

He could end up a Jared Dudley type, a guy who makes all the solid plays and is a glue guy.   But a jumper and more legit handle are requirements.  The thing is, we aren’t asking for something that he couldn’t do.  Some limitations could never be corrected.  This is a case where he could do it.  

He has a knack for making good plays and he’s quick and smart to the ball.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think Morgan is showing that consistency!  

A few thoughts on him-

“Today was the first time I actually got a play to just drive it, but other than that, I was just getting on the offensive glass and just posting up in the middle of the floor in random possessions,” Morgan said. 

I think we will see plays run for him now. :D He has emerged as the star on this team. 

I remember somebody (Yogi, OG?) coming back and telling him that he could play with these NBA guys and that boosted his confidence over the summer. 

If he has a B1G first team all conference season (I think it is very possible) does he go pro or return for his senior year? 

Can Morgan be a 20-10 guy this year? 

Could he end up with any National honors? 

This team seems to be conducive for allowing Morgan to really shine and have a big year. 

I can see Morgan gaining more confidence as CAM continues to make him more of a focus and Juwan realizes he can hold his own with the Duke bigs and guys like Colson. 

Lastly, let's recognize CTC for finding this talent. Vic, OG are possible NBA all stars. No idea where JM ends up but watching him blow up is sure worth the journey. 

I think Juwan’s game yesterday was the most dominant post scoring performance I’ve ever seen from an IU player (didnt really become an IU basketball fan until I started there in 2010).  Can’t remember Zeller, Watford, Vonleh, Bryant, OG, or Davis ever dominating a game like that, especially the way he performed down the stretch.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think Juwan’s game yesterday was the most dominant post scoring performance I’ve ever seen from an IU player (didnt really become an IU basketball fan until I started there in 2010).  Can’t remember Zeller, Watford, Vonleh, Bryant, OG, or Davis ever dominating a game like that, especially the way he performed down the stretch.

Archie plays to our team's strength, which is clearly in the paint. Although, we had talent down low in prior years, Crean never utilized our prior bigs like he could of, and quite frankly should have. 

On 12/7/2017 at 9:25 PM, BGleas said:

I just don’t see how he makes it at his size without developing some semblance of a perimeter game. His postgame isn’t going to work in the NBA. He’s a bit of Draymond-lite, but Even in college Draymond had developed a perimeter shot that you had to respect/defend. 

Look at the bigs he has out played so far this season. The kid is getting better and he will play at the next level. He has a good stroke from outside and will get better at it. As good as OG's.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

MorganMonroe.   First name is Morgan. Mrs Morgan (Monroe) is surprised with his (MM's) production this year.  LOL

Hmm. I thought his name had to do with Morgan County and Monroe County. Am I just dense? Don't answer that.

BTW, Morgan County, Indiana has produced coaches accounting for 12 NCAA men's basketball championships (Wooden and McCracken). Can any county in the country beat that record?

I think Juwan has the potential to get on a team somewhere. I do not see him getting major minutes anywhere with where he is right now unless he really absolutely nailed down a face up game. However, the G League seems to be an expanding option and the Pacers always like to throw in state players a bone with camp invites. It's just going to be an uphill battle for him.

What I have to remind myself is Yogi Ferrell made it into the NBA (as well as into the ROY award race) and Troy Williams received a nice contract from Daryl Morey. Anything is possible if Juwan wants to make it happen for himself.

38 minutes ago, Mac said:

Hmm. I thought his name had to do with Morgan County and Monroe County. Am I just dense? Don't answer that.

BTW, Morgan County, Indiana has produced coaches accounting for 12 NCAA men's basketball championships (Wooden and McCracken). Can any county in the country beat that record?

Yes. His username has to do with two great Indiana counties.  However, Morgan was taking liberties, with the use of his first name. One just has to understand his humor to understand.   I loved it. 

And no you are not dense.  You are just another beloved member of HSN 3.0.

Archived