Aubrey Burks Decommits from Indiana

KDB

Agree. He looks like a very good safety prospect.  Allen knows what they look like, for sure.  As big of a role as they play for us, we need a steady infusion of the next guys so it’s seamless year after year.  

This year, our safeties plus husky are experienced, athletic, and should be a strength.  Burgess, Fitzgerald, Matthews, Johnson, Sanguinetti, Ball et al.  Lot of good players for those spots.  

Time will tell but Allen might be the best fit for IU as we could ever find.  He’s ideal.  I think some people nationally see an unassuming guy but if you look at how the sausage is made, he knows *&$# well what he wants his football team to look like on both sides of the ball, both schematically and with respect to the personnel to carry out his vision.  He can relate to players and he’s got fire in his belly.  Unassuming but very sharp.  Underestimate him at your own peril.  

I enjoyed ABs highlights. Plays in space very well and is very instinctual. 

He is given great freedom in the defense he plays in and I love it. He plays the wide side OLBer in HS. Not everyone worries about strengths, some are just worried about wide/short side. 

Love the way his coach allows him to play. 

Tell you what....Allen keeps pulling kids out of Florida has me loving this guy even more. I've always wanted IU to recruit Florida and it's not like we are grabbing a kid here and there....we are building a legit presence in some of these areas. I know we won't get what the big boys down there want but I've always felt a 3 star from Florida is similar to a 4 star from the Midwest. Not a knock on the local kids from Indiana or wherever..... but Florida football is insanely talented.

So glad we keep bringing kids up from there. Pound our state but keep bringing up Florida kids.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tell you what....Allen keeps pulling kids out of Florida has me loving this guy even more. I've always wanted IU to recruit Florida and it's not like we are grabbing a kid here and there....we are building a legit presence in some of these areas. I know we won't get what the big boys down there want but I've always felt a 3 star from Florida is similar to a 4 star from the Midwest. Not a knock on the local kids from Indiana or wherever..... but Florida football is insanely talented.

So glad we keep bringing kids up from there. Pound our state but keep bringing up Florida kids.

Tons of speed comes out of Florida.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

102 of the top 752 recruits in this years SR class are from FL. 

I knew going in we wouldn't have a highly ranked class, but I'm really happy with all of our commits so far. All of our commits are top 1000 except Fiacable (#49 OG is 970, and he's #50 OG, so he's got to be right there), and our punter.

Our current average is .8642 which is quite a bit higher than 2019 which was our best class ever in the rankings era. 2019 was a .8577 average. This year's average of .8642 is the equivalent of the 650th overall player in the class, and 2019 would have been the equivalent of the 922nd ranked player in that year's class.

Our overall ranking won't be nearly as high as 2019, but every commit so far can play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s a crazy statistic.  

So I moved to Florida recently. Man I tell you Florida football is like Indiana basketball...not only that a ton of really good coaches down here and ex college nfl guys that coach and run camps etc. One thing is for sure...it’s hilarious the difference watching Friday hs highlights on the news from Indiana/Kentucky where I did live and Florida...like every kid is a track star and linemen look like the size of an SUV. 

• 1 month later...
  • KDB changed the title to Aubrey Burks Decommits from Indiana
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived