Lake Monroe trip

Has anybody seen the video of the members of the IU football team yelling profanities at another boat on the lake that had women and children on it..i found it very disturbing that members of the football team would do this number 1 and number 2 do it in plain site on a 2 story pontoon boat that is obviously affiliated with the University,everyone has a camera on their phone now adays ...its very embarrassing and certainly not the L.E.O way that we all hear about...they were even calling the boat that the women and children were on a piece of s**t...i hope this gets back to the University and they have to run until they puke...then run again..i have heard some of the names of the players and it was surprising. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Has anybody seen the video of the members of the IU football team yelling profanities at another boat on the lake that had women and children on it..i found it very disturbing that members of the football team would do this number 1 and number 2 do it in plain site on a 2 story pontoon boat that is obviously affiliated with the University,everyone has a camera on their phone now adays ...its very embarrassing and certainly not the L.E.O way that we all hear about...they were even calling the boat that the women and children were on a piece of s**t...i hope this gets back to the University and they have to run until they puke...then run again..i have heard some of the names of the players and it was surprising. 

Who? No reason to hide it, honestly.  

Obviously they didn't care what people thought of them

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why are you quoting me? Lol 

Because I read your post to mean you were excusing the behavior because the people involved did not care what others thought of them.  If it was drunk college kids yelling at another group of drunk college kids, I say no big deal.  But, if, as reported, the other boat contained children, I think the behavior should be punished.  If it was no more than that, then some extra running at practice is a fair punishment.

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Because I read your post to mean you were excusing the behavior because the people involved did not care what others thought of them.  If it was drunk college kids yelling at another group of drunk college kids, I say no big deal.  But, if, as reported, the other boat contained children, I think the behavior should be punished.  If it was no more than that, then some extra running at practice is a fair punishment.

I'm saying.... obviously the players didn't care what people thought of them, so I see no issue with publicly naming names. 

Jax Pmed me and that's fine. 

Just saying this is wayyyyy different then like the Trey Kaufman thing a month or two ago. 

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The children were between 3 and 5 years old and they were on the boat with their mothers

If it does show up on the news, hopefully they show the lady saying back to the players "black lives matter my ass."  By far the most despicable thing said on camera that day.  I don't trust anything that is said from anyone on that boat after a comment like that.

Our players deserve to be punished for their extremely poor behavior, but this is an "apologize, run in practice, and move on with things" type of violation.  This is blowing up way bigger than it should be.

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole video. I just watched one by someone named Toby C....is there another one? All I heard was college kids voicing their displeasure with something. Maybe the way they did it was wrong but honestly?? Not that big of a deal. Again maybe there's another video that would change my mind. I've heard far far worse from all walks of life on Lake Monroe. To me this was nothing.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole video. I just watched one by someone named Toby C....is there another one? All I heard was college kids voicing their displeasure with something. Maybe the way they did it was wrong but honestly?? Not that big of a deal. Again maybe there's another video that would change my mind. I've heard far far worse from all walks of life on Lake Monroe. To me this was nothing.

That's all I've seen too.  I guess there might have been something earlier that took place?

I did not see the video but if these players were in the wrong they better get punished to the fullest.  That would include suspensions and running until they puke.  There is no place for things like this and hopefully there is more to the story.  This is why I don't condone drinking because usually bad things happens when alcohol is involved.

21 minutes ago, Sark said:

Calling someone a D A B probably isn’t a great way to “voice displeasure”. Guessing a few of them are going to “catch” hell (hint, hint) over this. I don’t think this was their only encounter with other boaters though.

If there's another video please feel free to find or reference. 

Someone sent me a copy of the videos. As of yesterday, the one with the pontoon boat had been removed multiple times but if you look around today you will find that it is now circulating as people have started sharing.

There is zero excuse for the unprovoked actions by those representing the University. None. Unbelievable and completely unacceptable.

Archived