Lake Monroe trip

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I take it this is different than the incident with Fitzgerald which I thought was also on the lake.  

Yes. Much different. Fitzgerald incident is what's right about our country in some aspects. Fellow citizen standing up to correct a wrong.

Until someone can show me a different video to me this other lake story isn't a thing at all. 

57 minutes ago, Sark said:

Calling someone a D A B probably isn’t a great way to “voice displeasure”. Guessing a few of them are going to “catch” hell (hint, hint) over this. I don’t think this was their only encounter with other boaters though.

Hollering ho's and B***hes 7' away from a boat with 3 and 5 year old girls on it is unacceptable..period 

8 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Hollering ho's and B***hes 7' away from a boat with 3 and 5 year old girls on it is unacceptable..period 

Agree 100%.  

There is acting like a tool, and then there is acting like a tool when children are present.  Different things in my opinion.  If someone called my wife those things in front of my daughter,,,,,

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole video. I just watched one by someone named Toby C....is there another one? All I heard was college kids voicing their displeasure with something. Maybe the way they did it was wrong but honestly?? Not that big of a deal. Again maybe there's another video that would change my mind. I've heard far far worse from all walks of life on Lake Monroe. To me this was nothing.

There is the video...then there are things that lead up to where the video started...allegedly it was so bad that the cops were called prior to the video being started and I heard that someone, maybe more was arrested when the boat came a shore...i dont have Twitter but its all over it

I am starting to think IU football is cursed.  It appears on paper this could be one of the best IU football teams we have had in years.  First we have the pandemic that could interfere with season and now have this incident.  If these were some of our top players and they have done this stuff then they should be suspended and that will hurt the team.

15 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

There is the video...then there are things that lead up to where the video started...allegedly it was so bad that the cops were called prior to the video being started and I heard that someone, maybe more was arrested when the boat came a shore...i dont have Twitter but its all over it

Thanks. I'm on twitter all the time. Besides the video the Toby guy shared I haven't seen a thing. As of right now there are zero arrests involving IU football players. I know we don't want to share links or whatever but I'm putting everything in search to find right now and the only thing I'm seeing is Toby C video. If there's something else I'd like to see. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks. I'm on twitter all the time. Besides the video the Toby guy shared I haven't seen a thing. As of right now there are zero arrests involving IU football players. I know we don't want to share links or whatever but I'm putting everything in search to find right now and the only thing I'm seeing is Toby C video. If there's something else I'd like to see. 

Right on..apparently there is more to the story...whoever Toby C is, he is sending the video to the University and news outlets

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am starting to think IU football is cursed.  It appears on paper this could be one of the best IU football teams we have had in years.  First we have the pandemic that could interfere with season and now have this incident.  If these were some of our top players and they have done this stuff then they should be suspended and that will hurt the team.

Starting to? Lol, have you not been watching the last 30+ years? 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

In my lifetime I probably saw IU football less than 10 bowl games.

Just looked but there had been 11 bowl games in my lifetime.

There was a Rose Bowl in my lifetime.  I was 2 years old, though, so I don't remember it.

We have a football team of 110 players. A couple made a mistake, I coach these young men. Begging you, I am begging you. They made a mistake... run them, and I dont mean F**** around. Run their balls off. 

But.... teach them. Show them how awful this was. Show them why this is how disrespectful this is. I love our Hoosiers. I love them. I love every kid that made a mistake on that lake. 

To whom much is given, much is expected.  

If you’re blessed enough to be a B1G college football player, you should have a certain amount of responsibility to carry yourself with honor and represent the university in a dignified way. And you should have the humility to understand this.  

37 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You can rent those boats for around 100 doallars for 3 or 4 hours.

Used to own a pontoon for years down at Monroe. Spent more in docking/storage fees each year than the boat was actually worth. We rent now and at least at Four Winds.....pontoons for 4 hours is around $250 max. 10 people/$25 each tops. I hope no one is suggesting renting a boat during the summer is something other than a great way to spend a 100 degree day. 

On 6/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, Seeking6 said:

Used to own a pontoon for years down at Monroe. Spent more in docking/storage fees each year than the boat was actually worth. We rent now and at least at Four Winds.....pontoons for 4 hours is around $250 max. 10 people/$25 each tops. I hope no one is suggesting renting a boat during the summer is something other than a great way to spend a 100 degree day. 

I hear ya on the fees. I have a pontoon in MI. Almost didn't get it delivered this year because high water damaged/ closed the boat launch. Normally we get it in April to have out for 6 months. This year will be more like 3. You know where you can find me this weekend when it is 90+!

6 hours ago, Reacher said:

I hear ya on the fees. I have a pontoon in MI. Almost didn't get it delivered this year because high water damaged/ closed the boat launch. Normally we get it in April to have out for 6 months. This year will be more like 3. You know where you can find me this weekend when it is 90+!

Good luck on finding rentals this weekend! Unless you go Thursday or maybe Sunday on getaway day. We've got boating plans for Saturday here in Indy but honestly we just aren't positive we are going. Golf, biking, walking, eating outdoors are all things we can control distance wise. Boating (even though friend has a nice one) is still 8 people in a small space. Maybe being cautious but still not sure.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Golf, biking, walking, eating outdoors are all things we can control distance wise. 

I tried golfing last week, but could not seem to find a way to social distance from squirrels.   Not every hole had trees, but the ones that did......

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I tried golfing last week, but could not seem to find a way to social distance from squirrels.   Not every hole had trees, but the ones that did......

Without being a dbag my uncle lives in a pretty nice club on the North Side.....I was edging 5-6 paths today for him. All I'll say is this. If I'm going to spend $....I aint shanking or duck hooking shots on June 30th. These old dudes kept hitting into the woods. Maybe just me. Easier ways to spend or waste $. Haha.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:13 AM, BobSaccamanno said:

To whom much is given, much is expected.  

If you’re blessed enough to be a B1G college football player, you should have a certain amount of responsibility to carry yourself with honor and represent the university in a dignified way. And you should have the humility to understand this.  

Yep!!!

Ironically enough to me, given your comment here, I had just watched Spiderman with my boy a couple of hours ago before bedtime tonight.

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

Archived