Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn - 2023

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Apparently, you don't even take holidays off. All of Hoosier Sports Nation appreciates all that you bring our way.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hopefully lightning doesn’t strike twice lol. 

Not knocking guys who do it (IU certainly has had their fair share) but I would never want to stay home for school. This is not meant to be any sort of slight etc., but in my mind, part of the college experience is getting away from your parents and living on your own. But everyone's different I guess. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not knocking guys who do it (IU certainly has had their fair share) but I would never want to stay home for school. This is not meant to be any sort of slight etc., but in my mind, part of the college experience is getting away from your parents and living on your own. But everyone's different I guess. 

I don’t disagree honestly. I only went an hour away but that was enough of a buffer for me. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

First year prep year school in Utah? Huh? I get going to prep school but I wonder why it’s not someplace established like LaLu or Montverde. 

That isn't good because I like seeing the top in state players stay and play high school basketball.  Makes you wonder if he is looking at more out of state schools when making his college decision.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That isn't good because I like seeing the top in state players stay and play high school basketball.  Makes you wonder if he is looking at more out of state schools when making his college decision.

I think that is exactly what it means. These prep schools travel across the country to play in showcase tournaments which gives the athletes exposure. It is like an extended AAU season.

2 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

I think that is exactly what it means. These prep schools travel across the country to play in showcase tournaments which gives the athletes exposure. It is like an extended AAU season.

Does UNC, for example, have any trouble finding and watching top players in the state of Indiana? Has to be more to it than that.

50 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Does UNC, for example, have any trouble finding and watching top players in the state of Indiana? Has to be more to it than that.

Maybe, But these kids like exposure to market their brand. If this school promises to play in an LA tournament, a Florida tournament, and an east coast tournament it helps to sell him (and it is exciting). It also could be dad or mom gets a better job. I don't know. Just offered a possible reason. Go Hoosiers! 

Edited by MaroonRebel

Maybe McCutchon has him worried they will be drastically limiting practice and games this year with fear of covid.  He may be thinking, I need to train and train against top comp as much as possible.  

Utah?  No clue on that angle.  Must be a school stock piling talent and that appeals for daily competition as well as the opponents they may have lined up.  

Real Salt Lake Academy is the academy for the Real Salt Lake MLS team and this will be first season with a basketball team.  Very interesting he'd choose to play there when I'm sure he could've gone to Montverde, LaLu, or even Wasatch Academy in Utah.  He's only a sophomore so I wouldn't be surprised if he moves again to another prep school like LaLu or even comes back to regular Indiana high school basketball.

8 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

Real Salt Lake Academy is the academy for the Real Salt Lake MLS team and this will be first season with a basketball team.  Very interesting he'd choose to play there when I'm sure he could've gone to Montverde, LaLu, or even Wasatch Academy in Utah.  He's only a sophomore so I wouldn't be surprised if he moves again to another prep school like LaLu or even comes back to regular Indiana high school basketball.

So there is money connected to the team.  Sounds good to me.