Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn - 2023

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So there is money connected to the team.  Sounds good to me.  

What I thought as well lol.  It'll be interesting to see how they run the program and who they play.  I know the MLS academies play all the big clubs in Europe in tournaments and such so maybe they'll do something like that when covid clears up.

42 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

As I have said many times, I want the kid that WANTS to wear the candy stripes!!!! 😡

I am with you on this. Back in April I was called a MOOROON FOR SAYING the same thing with I FOR GOT HIS NAME. trey kaugh!  See I forgot his name!!!! NEVER WANT  A PLAYER THAT THINKS IU IS NOT  a place they!!! want to be !!!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

As I have said many times, I want the kid that WANTS to wear the candy stripes!!!! 😡

Gotta give kids a reason to want to come here. Knight did...I’m hopeful Archie will...but almost every kid worth his salt will have to be convinced IU is a place that will allow him to get the most out of him. Kids aren’t going to come here because they just grew up loving IU...you’d only have 5’-10 1-star guards then. If the offense stays up tempo like last night most of the year then that will go a long way for us. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, dgambill said:

If it wasn’t for his injury I’d say going the prep route made a lot of sense. Almost guaranteed to have a season in case the public schools shut stuff down. So that could be a why.

No idea what the virus situation is in Utah, but either Real Salt Lake is seriously deficient in maintaining its website or they currently do not have a basketball schedule.

https://rslacademy.org/schedule-2

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

SIAP Sounds like he would commit on the spot to a fUK offer...

The Cats also seem well-positioned for the No. 2 point guard in the 2023 class: Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn, a 6-foot playmaker from Lafayette, Ind., and the No. 9 overall player in the class.

247Sports profiled Gibbs-Lawhorn late last week. He already holds scholarship offers from Indiana and Purdue, but he mentioned Kentucky as a “dream school” and says he’s been in recent contact with new UK assistant coach Bruiser Flint, who was previously at Indiana.

“They said it was just an introduction and they want to reach out to me more and whenever I can, to come on a visit,” Gibbs-Lawhorn told 247Sports. “They’re like my dream school, if I got an offer from Kentucky I’d probably start crying, not going to lie. Just growing up as a kid, Kentucky was always looked at as a higher basketball program who always got their players drafted and one and done out of high school. My goal is the NBA, and I feel like Kentucky can lead me to that.”

https://www.kentucky.com/article247610530.html

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1