Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn - 2023

21 minutes ago, BDB said:

Saw UK has been reaching out to him

They have 3 5 star, a 3 star they've recruited, and a 4 star coming from the transfer portal in the next 2 years...

He's only 6'1 and he's considered a combo guard... Ummm, if he wants to play, I don't think Lexington is the place... 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I hope not. He's a hard pass from me (not that the coaching staff asks or cares what I think).

I agree.  He's a talented kid but he has never done anything for me in terms of what I would look for.  He never seemed like a Painter guy either.  I agree with Boiler that he goes somewhere off the wall like Utah.  He seems like a unique individual. 

• Like 1

Just now, rico said:

Do tell what you know.

It's a hard home life. Brother has been in and out of jail, moms single, you get the picture, right? 

I think adults pull kids in many different directions without thinking of the child first and then you end up with situations like this. 3 or 4 HS.. decommitments, etc. 

I don't think Dra is being guided overly well. Jmo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's a hard home life. Brother has been in and out of jail, moms single, you get the picture, right? 

I think adults pull kids in many different directions without thinking of the child first and then you end up with situations like this. 3 or 4 HS.. decommitments, etc. 

I don't think Dra is being guided overly well. Jmo

I know Painter and his dad go way back (believe Painter even coached him in college I think?) but didn’t know the parents weren’t together. Just hope the kid turns out okay. Sometimes the parents can really mess things up. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Playing QB for Brohm is always appealing. But no we won’t win many recruiting battles against LSU especially for a kid literally from BL lol. 

I mean, absolutely….who wouldn’t want to play for a guy whose complete 20 Year NFL QB tree consists of Brian Brohm, Stefan LeFors, Brandon Doughty, Mike White and David Blough??? Dude is a molder of men and absolute success stories. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I mean, absolutely….who wouldn’t want to play for a guy whose complete 20 Year NFL QB tree consists of Brian Brohm, Stefan LeFors, Brandon Doughty, Mike White and David Blough??? Dude is a molder of men and absolute success stories. 

Look at the offense Brohm runs. QB’s can thrive in his system. Who cares what they’ve done in the NFL? It’s not like Brian Kelly has been pumping out stud QB’s. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Look at the offense Brohm runs. QB’s can thrive in his system. Who cares what they’ve done in the NFL? It’s not like Brian Kelly has been pumping out stud QB’s. 

I imagine kids who have NFL aspirations care…a lot. QB recruits aren’t going to flock to Brohm and his “system” for the free hotdogs at Jakes and all that local West Lafayette, Indiana clout. Make the guy have just one success story before you anoint him “QB God” 

10 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I imagine kids who have NFL aspirations care…a lot. QB recruits aren’t going to flock to Brohm and his “system” for the free hotdogs at Jakes and all that local West Lafayette, Indiana clout. Make the guy have just one success story before you anoint him “QB God” 

Never called him QB God lol. Just said his system is appealing to QB’s. Big reason why Brady Allen committed. Guessing he has NFL aspirations. 

Amazing, how many continue to engage PUke boy.

Why would anyone carry on  with anyone who is PUke first and foremost? 
I say it tongue in cheek but, who cares? Who cares on here? What Hoosier fan cares anything about what goes on in W Lafayette?

it’s like some have forgotten that PUke boy has buried IU on G&B. 
So tired of the “ but he’s been respectful and is comparatively a good guy “ rhetoric. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Amazing, how many continue to engage PUke boy.

Why would anyone carry on  with anyone who is PUke first and foremost? 
I say it tongue in cheek but, who cares? Who cares on here? What Hoosier fan cares anything about what goes on in W Lafayette?

it’s like some have forgotten that PUke boy has buried IU on G&B. 
So tired of the “ but he’s been respectful and is comparatively a good guy “ rhetoric. 

Because most people can have conversations with fans of opposing teams. Why you get so bothered by me posting is very odd. Would be quite easy to ignore me but you choose not to for some reason. 

image.gif

• Haha 1

Laugh all you want there PUke boy.

Your school is the 4th best in the state behind ND, IU and Rose Hulman. Hell, Wabash may even be more prestigious.

For the life of me I don’t know why you are here. Why would you think that anyone here would care about your school or your perspective on any topic pertaining to anything discussed here? 
Your true colors show in your comments on G&B.

Yet, you continue to be here. And you continue to avoid addressing the two faced persona that you are. Such a good guy here. Such a d..k on G&B when it comes to IU

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Laugh all you want there PUke boy.

Your school is the 4th best in the state behind ND, IU and Rose Hulman. Hell, Wabash may even be more prestigious.

For the life of me I don’t know why you are here. Why would you think that anyone here would care about your school or your perspective on any topic pertaining to anything discussed here? 
Your true colors show in your comments on G&B.

I have plenty of discussions with folks on here whether it be basketball, MLB baseball, etc… It seems plenty of people care and like to discuss those topics with me. 

Purdue isn’t 4th best either lol. Maybe check the US News & World Rankings. Purdue is ahead of IU. 

Care to find some of these comments of mine over on G&B that are so awful? 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I have plenty of discussions with folks on here whether it be basketball, MLB baseball, etc… It seems plenty of people care and like to discuss those topics with me. 

Purdue isn’t 4th best either lol. Maybe check the US News & World Rankings. Purdue is ahead of IU. 

Care to find some of these comments of mine over on G&B that are so awful? 

So sad that others tolerate you. My goal is to make you unwelcome here. No Purdue fan should be welcome here. Speaks to the weakness of the board.

I will find those comments once I find my hazmat suit so I feel comfortable going back to G&B.

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

So sad that others tolerate you. My goal is to make you unwelcome here. No Purdue fan should be welcome here. Speaks to the weakness of the board.

I will find those comments once I find my hazmat suit so I feel comfortable going back to G&B.

Well at least you’re a proponent of inclusion. I can respect that. 

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Please stop harassing Stlboiler23. He is a good member of this board and is as welcome to post here as anyone. 

• Like 2