Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn - 2023

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I won’t give a plug nickel to join the G and B forum where you post.
Please go away.

please take your sorry ass PUke perspective to somewhere that people care.

@BGleaswaiting for your chastising

Go IU. 
Why are we patronizing any PUke fans?

I don't go to other teams message boards and don't understand why anyone doing so.  Saying that I haven't seen anything that Boer has done to make you so angry.  I get it because I hate Purdue as much as anyone but your hostility seems a little much.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I honestly don’t know the story. I was talking to my co-worker to actually bash Nebraska who we both dislike lol…and the conversation eventually migrated to that. I didn’t want to offend him by being to pointed in my questioning his coach but he seemed to already know where I was headed. Again…means nothing but clearly the way things are protrayed in media might not match the real culture of the program. Like I was saying…I just can’t imagine a single kid would sign on or stay at a program with anything overtly racist being promoted and accepted by the staff. Maybe I’m too trusting or too idealistic but I would think people would stand up to that especially in todays environment.

This is what I'm talking about.  Not a good look no matter how you spin it.  Iowa guy and Nfl guys came out strong against this guy.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30882524/jacksonville-jaguars-urban-meyer-defends-hiring-controversial-chris-doyle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Please go away.

Go IU. 

Sports rivalries are and should always be for entertainment purposes only. When I graduated high school and enrolled at IU, just as many of my friends enrolled at Purdue. They didn't stop being my friends, and I still drove to West Lafayette for weekend parties and poker nights. When I met the woman who would become my wife at a concert in Indianapolis, I didn't stop dating her because she graduated from Purdue. That would be silly. Because as soon as you allow a sports rivalry to spill over into any serious aspect of your life, you're doing it wrong.

I don't know why you're so hostile to fans of other schools. But their acceptance here speaks to the strength of this board, not its weakness. The hostility you've displayed is excessive, and frankly more than a little bizarre. You realize it's just basketball, right?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Sports rivalries are and should always be for entertainment purposes only. When I graduated high school and enrolled at IU, just as many of my friends enrolled at Purdue. They didn't stop being my friends, and I still drove to West Lafayette for weekend parties and poker nights. When I met the woman who would become my wife at a concert in Indianapolis, I didn't stop dating her because she graduated from Purdue. That would be silly. Because as soon as you allow a sports rivalry to spill over into any serious aspect of your life, you're doing it wrong.

I don't know why you're so hostile to fans of other schools. But their acceptance here speaks to the strength of this board, not its weakness. The hostility you've displayed is excessive, and frankly more than a little bizarre. You realize it's just basketball, right?

Perfectly said!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Hit the nail on the head. My wife is an IU grad and we have fun with it. It’s all in good fun. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hit the nail on the head. My wife is an IU grad and we have fun with it. It’s all in good fun. 

My wife and I do a bracket each March. Whoever wins gets to hang their school's banner for the year. She doesn't follow sports much, and her bracket still beats mine about half the time. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Please go away.

Go IU. 

If I ever heard my 7 year old acting like this, I would be deeply disappointed in him and the job I have done raising him. I'm assuming you're older than 7.

Don’t we have the perfect solution to this issue…I think it’s the ignore feature. Never used it but I would think in theory it would allow you to never have to hear from any Purdue, Illinois, or Iowa fans on here….honestly I think there are like only 4-5…seems that would be the easiest solution to a non-existent problem. It’s not like we have non-IU fans crawling all over the place.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

Don’t we have the perfect solution to this issue…I think it’s the ignore feature. Never used it but I would think in theory it would allow you to never have to hear from any Purdue, Illinois, or Iowa fans on here….honestly I think there are like only 4-5…seems that would be the easiest solution to a non-existent problem. It’s not like we have non-IU fans crawling all over the place.

How does that work again? Ha ha. Never used it either but wouldn’t hurt for me to know how!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...