Jump to content

Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn - 2023


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Why is this even being discussed here? Or why does anybody care? Not questioning ones “ability” to discuss what you want, just questioning the “want” to discuss this. 

Because it’s a topic and people can. What interests some might not interest others. It’s some drama centered around IU’s biggest rival. That’s a topic that some like to discuss.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I heard:  DGL had a big aau tournament and wanted to reopen his recruiting 

purdue has been with him for years through  injury and 3 HS & 3 states 

MP told him they wouldn’t hold the offer 

not sure what changed between committing and decommittming 

If he got a bunch of NIL 💰 good for him 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

What I heard:  DGL had a big aau tournament and wanted to reopen his recruiting 

purdue has been with him for years through  injury and 3 HS & 3 states 

MP told him they wouldn’t hold the offer 

not sure what changed between committing and decommittming 

If he got a bunch of NIL 💰 good for him 

 

 

The non-basketball stuff is what I find interesting about the "story."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Getting personal/demeaning regarding where teenage boys decide to go to school is always a bad look and Purdue and IU fans on these sites alike are at times guilty of this. It’s creepy and inappropriate at best, boarder-line criminal at worst. I won’t criticize this lady for her comment because having to read the awful things about her son online is something I thankfully haven’t had to endure. Rather than call her crazy for her response perhaps some reflection on what would drive her to such public comments is in order. All fan bases are guilty of it and it’s sad. This is a game played by kids, more people need to act accordingly 

Yep. It reads to me like a mom sticking up for herself and her son after getting tired of people talking s#!t about them 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Yep. It reads to me like a mom sticking up for herself and her son after getting tired of people talking s#!t about them 

Tbh, that thread didn’t seem to have a lot of shit being talked in it. A lot of it just mentioned how many schools he’s attended and that his commitment could be shaky. Have always been red flags around this recruitment but he grew up in Lafayette so you can’t not recruit the guy. Idk about you but if I was a recruit and I found out my mom paid to post on a message board I just decommitted from, I’d be mortified. No one had commented on the post in weeks until she randomly started posting last night. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Because it’s a topic and people can. What interests some might not interest others. It’s some drama centered around IU’s biggest rival. That’s a topic that some like to discuss.

 

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Because it’s a topic and people can. What interests some might not interest others. It’s some drama centered around IU’s biggest rival. That’s a topic that some like to discuss.

Your first two sentences are so enlightening. Thank you for making me self reflect on what I pretty much acknowledged in my post. It’s an IU board and there are constantly topics about Purdue. Can we start a different theme? We have Basketball Recruiting, Game threads…. how about one for Purdue topics so they are easier to ignore and less litter on the themes that most of us care about?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

 

Your first two sentences are so enlightening. Thank you for making me self reflect on what I pretty much acknowledged in my post. It’s an IU board and there are constantly topics about Purdue. Can we start a different theme? We have Basketball Recruiting, Game threads…. how about one for Purdue topics so they are easier to ignore and less litter on the themes that most of us care about?

Boiler up!  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 1:41 AM, Hoosier82 said:

Getting personal/demeaning regarding where teenage boys decide to go to school is always a bad look and Purdue and IU fans on these sites alike are at times guilty of this. It’s creepy and inappropriate at best, boarder-line criminal at worst. I won’t criticize this lady for her comment because having to read the awful things about her son online is something I thankfully haven’t had to endure. Rather than call her crazy for her response perhaps some reflection on what would drive her to such public comments is in order. All fan bases are guilty of it and it’s sad. This is a game played by kids, more people need to act accordingly 

There is more to it with this mom. She is crazy, and Purdue dodged a bullet. I said it at the time of his decommit. 

Mostly agree with your post, which was a very good post, but some of this stuff recruits/parents/whoever else bring this on themselves. If you don't want people/others constantly in your business or constantly speaking about you.... either 1. don't give them anything to speak about 2. Stop putting yourself in the limelight so much. 

All of what you said can be true, plus those two things. 

There is absolutely 100% no law that makes these kids post CONSTANTLY about themselves on these sites, or expose themselves. It's mind boggling to think how many issues I (we at school) resolve DAILY from shit that stemmed from social media. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's mind boggling to think how many issues I (we at school) resolve DAILY from shit that stemmed from social media. 

Which is better for shit solving? Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...