Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn - 2023

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Nothing surprises me...makes me feel a little sick, but not surprised.  I'm fine with kids making a little pocket money, but it just feels like Pandora's box is open and it's going to morph into something that looks very little like the college basketball we see even today.

An NIL deal announced last week was that all Texas scholarship OL would receive $50K per year- and unsurprisingly they sign the best OL class in the country yesterday. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

An NIL deal announced last week was that all Texas scholarship OL would receive $50K per year- and unsurprisingly they sign the best OL class in the country yesterday. 

I can't understand why Texas has been stuck in the mud for what, 15 years?  If I was a stud football player from dang near anywhere, UT would be in my top 3 no matter what.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They have 5 star players coming off of their bench.  Watched some of their games on YouTube and they are already deep.

I've seen them too, Scott...watched a couple of games on ESPN...one vs Oak Hill and one vs IMG...

And yes, they are deep...but JHS doesn't get subbed out much...

I think in the matchup vs Bruce Thornton they said he played all 32 minutes...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, iuswingman said:

I wonder if any coach will decide they will only go after transfers.  why bother training a player when you can go take experienced ones.

Be difficult. You see a lot of these kids have been recruited by a lot of these teams before and are familiar with their staff. Difficult to just start a relationship with a kid with no previous contact previously. Not saying it can't happen or doesn't on some occassions but it seems most bigger quality recruits either go to big time programs that are a big step up or they switch to schools where they have a past relationship with assistant coaches or a recruiting history.

• 7 months later...