Question about Social platform called "Parlor"

DWB

Disclaimer: I'm an old fart. I don't Facebook, I don't Twitter, I don't text. I don't do ANY social media at all. Hell, I'm lucky if I do email.

But I know that many of you are adept at Social Media. I came across a platform called "Parlor" and for some reason it caught my attention. Not sure exactly why.

Wondered if any of you guys use, or have used it, and your impressions of it. Unlike this board, it won't let you "lurk" anonymously without sharing some personal info. And I would imagine they track you, and sell your email address to god knows how many advertisers.

Would appreciate any input that you would like to share.

Thanx!

12 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Well it’s marketing says its for any age group, no matter if you’re 17 or (god forbid) 37. Apparently ED starts around 27 and AARP eligibility at 31. 
May not be our Kinda thing. ? 

So, when my wife says I've got the moves of a 27 year old, she's not complementing me? Well, that's depressing.  

2 hours ago, IUskim said:

It’s supposedly a social media platform that doesn’t “censor” your political views or anything like that. Without going to deep so it doesn’t get into politics a lot of well known political figures are on there. 

Well that's a bummer. I've had more than enough of the politics of late. Trying to tune it all out. Media just lies about it anyway.

Guess I'll just keep to myself, and not worry about getting "tech savvy".

• 4 months later...

Sorry, but I have to disagree that Parler is trash. Twitter & Face Book are trash. Nothing but hate on twitter. Parler is pretty much all politics, especially now, but I certainly don't consider it trash. One sided? Yeah pretty much. But it is a viable alternative for people who don't want to document every second of their lives on social media.

With it's exponential growth, it might have a chance to become a viable social media alternative, and not all politics. At least, I hope so. 

I certainly don't care to find out when the last time somebody took a dump and then posted it on twitter, or a picture of it on Facebook.

29 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

It’s Twitter/Facebook for people who don’t understand democracy. Experiencing huge growth this week. As @rico mentioned, it’s pretty much looked at as trash. 

Remember Zoom was looked at as trash earlier this year. As they grew they addressed their security / infrastructure and are now competitive with Webex and MSFT Teams. Companies start out small and they grow and evolve. 20 years Cisco was the largest US company by market cap. Their stock is currently down 50% from their highs. Not the best 20 year investment. Lucent is down 96% from 20 years ago. GE (second largest co 20 years ago) is down 86%. It wouldn't shock me to to see FB down big over the next 10-20 years as others step up to take their place.

Archived