Semi OT : Evan Daniels

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am sure many long time members know him from our time at Scout and 247.  There was never a time when I have  pm'd Evan.... that he did not reply back to me.

Moving on from 247. To become a CBB agent.

Prominent Recruiting Reporter Evan Daniels Becoming CBB Agent

All the best Evan !

So what is the qualifications to an agent because it seems like anyone can do it.  I don't know how you can be a recruiting expert to being a certified agent.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So what is the qualifications to an agent because it seems like anyone can do it.  I don't know how you can be a recruiting expert to being a certified agent.

Can't answer the question specifically. However Evan has been associated with the college game for decades now.  And has a ton of experience talking about, and to recruits over that time frame.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Fair question. I thought actual agents had to have law school, admitted to bar,etc....far as I can find he's a WKU journalism grad with zero other certifications. Not downplaying his ability but calling yourself an agent these days have to some criteria. Either way...good move for him and CAA. He obviously knows everyone and is cashing in on that. No problem there at all.

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Can't answer the question specifically. However Evan has been associated with the college game for decades now.  And has a ton of experience talking about, and to recruits over that time frame.

Use to most agents were lawyers since they have to negotiate contracts but I guess today players have both agents and lawyers.

35 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

My guess -- it is a relationships business and Evan has a ton of relationships with college basketball coaches.

To me these players today has so many different people on the payroll to take care of their business.  You have agents to help get them endorsements, you have lawyers to do contracts, you have business managers to help them with their money.  No wonder why so many athletes don't have a huge amount of money after their playing days.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Use to most agents were lawyers since they have to negotiate contracts but I guess today players have both agents and lawyers.

He wouldn't need to be a lawyer to negotiate contracts.  Furthermore, it doesn't sound like that is what he will be doing.

2 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

The best way to get work is to network.

Evan has been networking for years.  You are correct. And most likely what has lead him to his new gig.   In the end. He can always come back to what he has been doing. As he never has stepped on any toes  

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

My guess -- it is a relationships business and Evan has a ton of relationships with college basketball coaches.

Not only college basketball coaches.  But with college basketball fans, like me, who has shared information with him over the years. 

22 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me these players today has so many different people on the payroll to take care of their business.  You have agents to help get them endorsements, you have lawyers to do contracts, you have business managers to help them with their money.  No wonder why so many athletes don't have a huge amount of money after their playing days.

The guys that go broke like Iverson, Marcus Dupre, and Antoine Walker are broke because they either handled their own finances or had incompetent "friends" handling their money.

Iverson supposedly had bags of cash just sitting around his house. Lord knows how many walked off with his entourage.

I'm sure Michael Jordon has a myriad of financial people looking out for him, and he's in great financial shape.

It just depends on if you do your homework and get established people... Not friends

Archived