Maurice Freeman Commits to Indiana

milehiiu

• 2 weeks later...

Freeman posted on Twitter that he will be enrolling in college in December, and not playing his senior season.

This due to High School football being canceled in Virginia. Announcing his commitment on August 1st.

24 minutes ago, KDB said:

Freeman posted on Twitter that he will be enrolling in college in December, and not playing his senior season.

This due to High School football being canceled in Virginia. Announcing his commitment on August 1st.

Awful situation 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Him and Sales in the same day. Knock on wood. 

Right!  An 8 for confidence is pretty darn solid.

I was hoping a few more guys would jump on Sales to IU, but it still seems like we're looking really good with him.  That would be a heck of a way to start the month.

Also, it is mind blowing that Freeman would be our lowest rated commit if he does commit here.  A big part of that is I think he is really underrated on Rivals, but 247 lists him as an 88 which is the same as Cooper Jones.  Rivals only has him as a 2 star.  Larry Smith is super underrated on 247 too.  I think he's going to be awesome.

8 minutes ago, KDB said:

Two more IU crystal ball picks. One pick 5/10 confidence - the other 6/10.

88 even on the composite puts him at 425th ranked player overall. 

Recruiting rant here beware: no need for "athletes" "dual threat QBs".. just rank them where they are, rank them where you think they're going to play. Idk it annoys me. They trying so hard to cover all their loose ends in recruiting and it annoys me. 

McCulley is not a dual threat QB. Hes an athletic QB. If he's dual threat, they're pretty much all dual threat. Ramsey was listed dual threat, as well. I dont see it that way at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

That’s great.  I assume we’d be done at safety if Freeman commits unless somebody falls out of the sky who we wouldn’t turn away.  

I feel like I heard one of the guys we have or recruiting might be moved to CB.  Don't remember where I saw it or who it was, so we could maybe take one more.

I am really interested to see who updates his ranking.  He's the #39 safety on 247, but only the #91 composite ranking safety.  He's ranked much lower on Rivals.  Will he end up closer to the 39, or the 91?  He went up a lot in the composite ranking in April, so I'm guessing 247 is his most updated ranking, and he'll go up on Rivals at some point.

• KDB changed the title to Maurice Freeman Commits to Indiana

Archived