Maurice Freeman Commits to Indiana

milehiiu

46 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I just watched his highlights, and he reminds me of Antonio Allen (on the field only!). He seems like he loves putting big hits on guys. He looked impressive blitzing too. Wonder if we'll give him a shot at husky.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9512015/5df83f0a9a9c3e12b4c70793

I thought that's where we projected him.  

Good player and very good addition to a really nice class.  

Our future looks to be building nicely off of an 8 win season.  It’s like when Coach Harbaugh complimented us by saying they “felt it” after they played us.  Looks like more of that is coming from this program.

Coach Allen continues to execute on his outstanding vision for this program.  

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good player and very good addition to a really nice class.  

Our future looks to be building nicely off of an 8 win season.  It’s like when Coach Harbaugh complimented us by saying they “felt it” after they played us.  Looks like more of that is coming from this program.

Coach Allen continues to execute on his outstanding vision for this program.  

I look forward to the day we aren’t just hoping for things to fall right or everyone be healthy...when the program can stand up and honestly look at the schedule and say there isn’t a game that isn’t winnable. It is important especially in these transitioning years to leap frog a school when you get the chance. MSU is that team for us to make up ground on...and if we can win 8-9 games a year...heads will turn and nobody will be circling us on the schedule. 
Honestly a couple years ago I watched UK make this turn...brought in some really solid classes and then it started paying off. Big key is to turn the close upsets into wins though...that gets recruits eyes. We keep pulling kids from the south and developing them...heads will turn. Lot of kids in SEC country that have a chip on their shoulder that big daddies UF, UGA, ALA passed over them. The talent gap is closing...now it’s up to the coaches to make that extra difference in these kids to level the playing field. We continue to be in every ball game..pressure is on the big dogs...and we will start winning our share. Keep it up!

Maurice committed to IU. Without ever setting foot on campus. Due to the virus.  Attributes his commitment to IU to Coach Allen for contacting him daily.  And sending him videos of the weight room , the campus and other things IU.  Maurice says he has already fallen in love with IU's beautiful campus.

A milehi salute to Coach Allen  for  bringing home this out of state kid, under difficult recruiting times.  

Archived