Justice Williams - 2022

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Love offering out of state high profile candidates. Accomplishes two things. Start building the reach that Archie is trying to create and also tells some other 22 guards we have others in mind too.....just like they do. The respect of a two way street is paramount in recruiting.

• 3 months later...
Just now, jv1972iu said:

I see Philly...and Villanova...and Jay Wright.  Great that we offered and stranger things have happened... but I'm not holding my breath. 

😊

Wonder if going to FL will hurt Villanova's chances. Like you, I'm not holding my breath, I was just compelled to bring something from page 2 to page 1 for some reason today. Might do so again tomorrow. 😉

2 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Wonder if going to FL will hurt Villanova's chances. Like you, I'm not holding my breath, I was just compelled to bring something from page 2 to page 1 for some reason today. Might do so again tomorrow. 😉

It's certainly possible, but man, Wright pulls local kids that fit his style every year it seems.  The area Villanova recruits is loaded with players...and he gets them...and manages to keep them for more than one year.  Great coach and I love how Nova plays.   😊

25 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

It's certainly possible, but man, Wright pulls local kids that fit his style every year it seems.  The area Villanova recruits is loaded with players...and he gets them...and manages to keep them for more than one year.  Great coach and I love how Nova plays.   😊

His teams always handle the ball well... shoot well...defend...and play under control, IMO.  They seem to have better than average bb IQ too.  He's obviously a terrific teacher.  

12 hours ago, cybergates said:

By all means, do it. If it reads that IU has a chance with someone, I'm reading it. We need news like this to take our minds off TK.

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:51 AM, jv1972iu said:

Related to Nova's recruitment of Williams is their recruitment of his friend and teammate apparently.

But the programs to watch for Duren are Villanova and recent offer Kentucky. The two wildcat programs are no stranger to recruiting battles as Nova won Bryan Antoine in2019 and Kentucky recently won Devin Askew. Villanova has not only been recruiting Jalen Duren but his teammate and friend 2022 elite shooting guard Justice Williams, who also transferred from Roman Catholic to Montverde with Duren, very hard for a very long time. Kentucky, so far, has only offered Duren while Villanova has offered both. It will be down to the wire as Duke is also recruiting Duren.  

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2020/12/14/jalen-duren/

Archived