Due to the pandemic. What plans for 2020, if any have you...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was supposed to be an exciting year. 

spring break in Florida...Naples and Clearwater - canceled 

40th birthday trip with group of friends from college in Playa Mujeres.....should have been coming back from that one today. - canceled 

Extended business trip with my wife in DC - canceled 

on the plus side I have a crap ton of points and airline credits now. 

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Cancelled all kinds... but.. just got back from Biloxi MS. I loved it. I'll be back soon. 

Love it down there. I'm leaving in 10 days to go to Ocean Springs, so basically Biloxi. My grandparents used to live in that area.

I usually take a canoeing trip in Canada, but replaced it with the Mississippi trip this year.

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Love it down there. I'm leaving in 10 days to go to Ocean Springs, so basically Biloxi. My grandparents used to live in that area.

I usually take a canoeing trip in Canada, but replaced it with the Mississippi trip this year.

I didnt make it to OS... we stayed in Long Beach, loved it. Gulfport beautiful, all of it. So peaceful. 

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Trip to Mexico City later this month for my birthday.

Never been to Mexico City.  Huge city, by my understanding.  With tons of street food vendors.  Sorry, that you have had to cancel a birthday celebration.

Happy birthday.... by the way.

36 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

This was supposed to be an exciting year. 

spring break in Florida...Naples and Clearwater - canceled 

40th birthday trip with group of friends from college in Playa Mujeres.....should have been coming back from that one today. - canceled 

Extended business trip with my wife in DC - canceled 

on the plus side I have a crap ton of points and airline credits now. 

Sorry to hear about your plans being cancelled due to the pandemic.   Happy to hear about your airline credits.  Take care. And stay safe.

My sons last year of college baseball meant several road trips. For my wife's birthday we were going to a Boston to see her favorite boy band when she was growing up the New Kids on the Block were playing Fenway on her birthday..  then catch a game at Fenway and then Camden Yards before coming home. In July a trip to see Field if Dreams then a Royals game then Cardinal game on way home 

43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My sons last year of college baseball meant several road trips. For my wife's birthday we were going to a Boston to see her favorite boy band when she was growing up the New Kids on the Block were playing Fenway on her birthday..  then catch a game at Fenway and then Camden Yards before coming home. In July a trip to see Field if Dreams then a Royals game then Cardinal game on way home 

So I'm not alone. My wife wants to see NKOTB.  Donnie's cool though. 

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

So I'm not alone. My wife wants to see NKOTB.  Donnie's cool though. 

We have gone twice in the past 10 years or so. I joke about it with my buddies that want to give me hard time that it's me 10 other husbands and 40000 women.  Really not that bad of a deal.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I had to miss the birth of my first grandchild and had to go 6 weeks before seeing her.

I’m with you on that one. Was just texting with the family this week that it seems grandpa will miss the newest addition to the family in a couple of weeks! My first granddaughter!

The one trip I'll really miss is Lake Tahoe in June. We go for a week each year because June is still relatively cheap by Tahoe standards until the 4th....and in June it's finally warm enough during the day to get on the water. Oh well. Not the worst thing in the world. Will enjoy it next year. 

Well, I had plans to watch Silver Creek make a deep run in the state basketball tournament.  With the tournament cancelled, that didn't happen.

Family reunion in June did not happen.

Literally,  a week before the big spike in the Sun Belt, we started having discussions about heading to the Gulf Coast the third week in July.  We had decided on all the logistics and were getting ready to make reservations when BOOM.  

Archived