Due to the pandemic. What plans for 2020, if any have you...

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Trust me.  We've been in June a few times as well.  Oppressive humidity and daily afternoon thunderstorms.  Give me October or November every time.

Funny you should mention the Main Street Electrical Parade.  I am proud to claim that the Fouls family were the very last people to see that parade at Walt Disney World.  It's not only that we were there in the park on the last night it performed (October 9th, 2016).  We were actually on the very edge of Frontierland when the parade exited the park.  There was literally no one to the left of us when the performers, floats, etc. exited.  We were the last ones they saw.  

Why did they get rid of that parade because I loved that parade.  I think the last time I was there was July of 2015 which was where my daughter wanted to go for her last vacation before she graduated high school.  It was also her birthday the week we went to Disney.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really know.  Some people originally said they were going to replace it with a new one nighttime parade, but that has not happened.  They actually moved it to Disneyland in California for a while, but they stopped having it there as well.  I think it was originally probably a cost-cutting move, and then after they cancelled it, they realized people would still come to the park without it, so they haven't felt enough pressure to bring it back.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am the dumb one because we always went in June or July which is probably the hottest times to go.  I have heard the Magic Kingdom stopped have the night time electrical parade which was my favorite parade.

That’s usually the tine we go too. That’s usually the only time we can all get together/off. My wife gates the weather there then. 

Archived