Open question for the 4th of July.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

image.png.1a16737544fca4022452f6358bc968be.png

image.png.512a2f52df9376524789e4eb23162933.png

Few things in this world are more iconic then the picture on Mt. Suribachi of our Marines after a 4 day battle. They would endure many more weeks of war on this island before it was under American control. 

The Bible stands alone as my most important source for guidance, but our American Flag takes a backseat to nothing else when it comes to importance. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Few things in this world are more iconic then the picture on Mt. Suribachi of our Marines after a 4 day battle. They would endure many more weeks of war on this island before it was under American control. 

The Bible stands alone as my most important source for guidance, but our American Flag takes a backseat to nothing else when it comes to importance. 

I am not going to like this post. As I feel it would be a disservice to you.  Instead... I am going to tell you how much I love this post.

4 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Thanks for starting this thread, Mile.

You are welcome. And if it were not for you. HSN 3.0 would not exist.  Our members need to know that.  Yeah. CC is the owner. But was going through a troubling time in life, when you made HSN 3.0 alive.  Just needed to share. 

It seems as I’ve read through these there’s an underlying theme to them all! It’s the Spirit of the American People, which comes from our immigrant ancestors coming together! It came to me when a friend of mine at work was the first of our group to message Happy Independence Day! You see he is a legal immigrant refugee from Kosovo, now an American citizen! His last line was “I’m glad to be a part of the greatest place on earth!”

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

It seems as I’ve read through these there’s an underlying theme to them all! It’s the Spirit of the American People, which comes from our immigrant ancestors coming together! It came to me when a friend of mine at work was the first of our group to message Happy Independence Day! You see he is a legal immigrant refugee from Kosovo, now an American citizen! His last line was “I’m glad to be a part of the greatest place on earth!”

Hear, hear!  Great message.  

7 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I watched the Pacific for the first time ever last year.  Maybe the second best miniseries I've ever watched.   Almost as good as Band of Brothers.  I highly recommend it to those who haven't had the opportunity. 

You have to watch Grant. 

Archived