Fletcher Loyer-2022

rico

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I think every kid is different. Team roster makeup, style fit, college academic fit, and personality....heck a lot of factors and I'm sure some will match up with their brother and some not. Some may want to make their own path and some like the legacy aspect and knowing the coaches/relationships there. Kid will let us know if he is open to recruitment...if he is...Archie will be on him.

How man "Barry" brothers?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, just saying that having a brother doesn't guarantee the other brothers.  Someone mentioned the Zeller kids too.

I know.  I'm just still pretty butt-hurt about that lying slimeball who still has a job at LSU.  I hope when this is over, Will Wade can't coach in a Y league.

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I know.  I'm just still pretty butt-hurt about that lying slimeball who still has a job at LSU.  I hope when this is over, Will Wade can't coach in a Y league.

How do you know he lied to him?  Are the Watford's living it up in Baton Rouge?  What kind of car does Baby Wat drive?  

2 hours ago, rico said:

How do you know he lied to him?  Are the Watford's living it up in Baton Rouge?  What kind of car does Baby Wat drive?  

Well, he lied about the trouble LSU was in...reassured the Watfords that it was nothing and would blow over when it's obvious from the outside that he was blatantly cheating and the NCAA had noticed.  I'm just surprised and disappointed the Watfords bought into it.

No idea if he or his family received any financial inducements.  That would further disappoint me.  It's one thing to be ignorant of the truth.  It's a whole different thing to be complicit with the lie.

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, he lied about the trouble LSU was in...reassured the Watfords that it was nothing and would blow over when it's obvious from the outside that he was blatantly cheating and the NCAA had noticed.  I'm just surprised and disappointed the Watfords bought into it.

No idea if he or his family received any financial inducements.  That would further disappoint me.  It's one thing to be ignorant of the truth.  It's a whole different thing to be complicit with the lie.

You know Watford will be long gone by the time anything happens to LSU right?! If ever.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You know Watford will be long gone by the time anything happens to LSU right?! If ever.

I know that's likely right.  I'm still disappointed that they chose to associate with Will Wade.  Hard for me to believe they have no idea he's dirty.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Maybe, just maybe, the Watfords got everything they were promised?

2 hours ago, rico said:

Maybe, just maybe, the Watfords got everything they were promised?

Good point. Being in SEC country I will say he fit well into the team and he played well. The role they carved out for him fit him really well. Likely OAD. Hard to argue with his decision.

3 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Things are going to heat up with Fletcher. He is into Hoosier Hysteria, his family only moved to Michigan in 2014 when his dad took a job with the Pistons. IU will offer him and it will be a big battle between Izzo, Archie, Painter, and Howard. The kid is very gifted. 

I see a lot of Dakota Mathias in him. Would love to land him. 

• 4 months later...
41 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Should do well for Purdue. Clearly some limitations but he fits what Painter has started to really look for the last 5-6 years from his guards & wings. Higher level shooter at the expense of some athleticism and defensive prowess. 

The fact MSU had no interest and other midwest programs didn't feign a lot of positivity about his upside speaks volumes. But, that isn't to say he won't be a decent contributor over time for PU. 

I think he’s got at least as much upside as guys like Cline and Mathias who weren’t heavily recruited out of high school but turned into really solid players. Better offers than both of them too. 

50 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Should do well for Purdue. Clearly some limitations but he fits what Painter has started to really look for the last 5-6 years from his guards & wings. Higher level shooter at the expense of some athleticism and defensive prowess. 

The fact MSU had no interest and other midwest programs didn't feign a lot of positivity about his upside speaks volumes. But, that isn't to say he won't be a decent contributor over time for PU. 

Maybe he didn't like MSU because of how they have used his brother

Archived