Indiana High School Football 2020

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Are you running early morning camp/practices?  Picture gave me an early morning vibe.

Yep.. 740-850 is one group of our football team to lift. 930 for the 2nd other group. 

Tomorrow and Thursday we will have practice. 

I was very surprised how many kids we had that did well with the conditioning and lifting part of it, today. Only about 3 or 4 kids out of 50 that struggled(our FR dont lift with the varsity until school starts). 

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I hope fans will be allowed at games.  Love me some Friday night football.

I would hope so. Maybe not at a few of the larger schools but most should be able to distance themselves properly. Student sections on the other hand is another question. Curious to see what schools come up with.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I cannot confirm this, but I was told today that Fishers High School will be suspending football offseason work due to a positive Covid test on the team.

This is true. My gf got the text about an hour ago. 

26 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I cannot confirm this, but I was told today that Fishers High School will be suspending football offseason work due to a positive Covid test on the team.

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but if this is the approach sports teams will take for every positive test, there is zero chance that a season will be played.

17 hours ago, Sark said:

Even less likely that high school is played this fall than college football.

Agreed. I don't see high school or college football happening at all. I think there is a fair chance (50/50?) that NFL will play this season. The thing is, the NFL can take much more extreme measures/precautions than high school or even colleges can. The NFL could possibly isolate the players from outsiders...while it would be impossible to do that with student athletes.

23 hours ago, Sark said:

I think colleges will play at least some of the season, but I don’t think high schools want the potential liability associated with kids getting sick due to a sponsored extra curricular activity. Sports, clubs, intramurals, band, theater, etc. will be suspended for the time being. Go to school for a limited schedule, go home and e learn, don’t eat here, don’t compete here . . .

Id really like to keep this thread about football. Only quoting you because you're the last person to post about, Covid. 

If everyone can agree to that, maybe just in this thread, I think it'd be a breath of fresh air. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Id really like to keep this thread about football. Only quoting you because you're the last person to post about, Covid. 

If everyone can agree to that, maybe just in this thread, I think it'd be a breath of fresh air. 

When does your season start? In Illinois, our first official practices for sports start August 10th. 

42 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

When does your season start? In Illinois, our first official practices for sports start August 10th. 

August 3rd is our first official practice. (Thats just a formality in Indiana now)

But we either had weight and conditioning or practice everyday this week. 

I think I figured it up last year... we'd had like 60 some practices and 5 controlled scrimmages by the time the varsity plays its first game. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

August 3rd is our first official practice. (Thats just a formality in Indiana now)

I think I figured it up last year... we'd had like 60 some practices and 5 controlled scrimmages by the time the varsity plays its first game. 

My understanding is there is a 15 hour limit per week for high school athletes attending formal workouts this summer (prior to August 3rd).  Has that altered your preparation at all?  

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm pretty sure here all sports are limited to 20 or 25 contact days during the summer.  Then a mandatory week off before our first day of practice.

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My understanding is there is a 15 hour limit per week for high school athletes attending formal workouts this summer (prior to August 3rd).  Has that altered your preparation at all?  

Yep. We had 2 players that play all three sports that couldn't lift, other than that... we're good. 

Our QB chose to lift instead of go to baseball practice because he plays all three sports, as well. 

Archived