Indiana High School Football 2020

19 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

This hasn’t been brought up today but Washington Township (North Central High School) in Indy announced that school will not be reopening and all extra curriculars have been suspended.  That includes fall sports. That’s an awfully big domino to fall.

I think it was brought up in another thread but not here. As many know North Central is actually like a small college in terms of student population....3700 or so. If reaction is the basis or judge of anything I'd say 8 of 10 parents are outraged. Ripple effects we all know. Parents staying home. Have to lose jobs or choose to stay home and watch kids vs working,etc...

No clue on season. We'll see what happens 4-5 miles up the road. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Both the states of California and Texas, large schools at least, have suspended the start of football season. Obviously, those are two very "hot spot" areas, but wouldn't surprise me if many other states follow suit.

In Illinois, the IHSA has a meeting on the 29th to decide the fate of fall sports.  I'm not very optimistic.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

In Illinois, the IHSA has a meeting on the 29th to decide the fate of fall sports.  I'm not very optimistic.

Just my humble opinion.  Just as with college ball. Not reason why there can't be Spring football, while we get past this pandemic.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Just my humble opinion.  Just as with college ball. Not reason why there can't be Spring football, while we get past this pandemic.

We lost an entire season of spring sports already. I think people don't want to lose 2 seasons of the same sport, and moving football to the spring would likely do that to baseball.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

We lost an entire season of spring sports already. I think people don't want to lose 2 seasons of the same sport, and moving football to the spring would likely do that to baseball.

Love ya an your inputs. However.... again IMHO.... better to lose parts of a season.... than a young player.  No doubt, it is a tough way to go, either way.

16 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Was texting with some friends last night on this. Not optimistic at all....and lower level colleges is sounding more and more like Spring from what my buddy said. 

On 7/22/2020 at 8:06 AM, Seeking6 said:

Was texting with some friends last night on this. Not optimistic at all....and lower level colleges is sounding more and more like Spring from what my buddy said. 

Here is what the IHSA said a little bit ago about Illinois sports.  Why do I feel like I'm going to have 75 kids on the golf team now.

51 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

No high school football until at least October 1 in Marion County.  No volleyball or soccer either.

Is that a decision by the County, the State, or the IHSAA?  The soccer postseason is scheduled to start early October.  If the IHSAA does not postpone the tournament, those teams will be going straight to the postseason.

Down here in the southern part of the state, we have not received any official word about delays or postponements.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Is that a decision by the County, the State, or the IHSAA?  The soccer postseason is scheduled to start early October.  If the IHSAA does not postpone the tournament, those teams will be going straight to the postseason.

Down here in the southern part of the state, we have not received any official word about delays or postponements.  

Marion County Health Department.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It appears the Marion County Health Department may be backtracking a bit,  Sports can continue to practice and the situation will be re-evaluated in a couple of weeks.

I heard on a South Bend station that fall sports are a go?

On 7/29/2020 at 2:35 PM, Leathernecks said:

Here is what the IHSA said a little bit ago about Illinois sports.  Why do I feel like I'm going to have 75 kids on the golf team now.

Just as I said above.  Why not move FB to the Spring ? 

As here on Colorado.  Tennis is opening up now.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Just as I said above.  Why not move FB to the Spring ? 

As here on Colorado.  Tennis is opening up now.

If they had it in the spring you would have players who were college recruit sitting out the season.  Also it seems like some players are graduating mid term and going to college in January.  I would bet if college was played in the spring you would lose all NFL prospects on your team because they work out for the draft in the spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying so hard not to be negative... this is taking its toll on me and my players..  but... kind of a cool story yesterday at practice... 

I am our teams fullbacks coach... and my position group is STRUGGLING(youth/inexperience/lack of practice/talent) for the first time in ever....so I'm in my head it was a good idea to show them how to position themselves on a certain blocking scheme, had a kid run half speed at me "blocked" him yada yada... well in the process I caught his face mask right below my eye and I have an AWESOME black guy eye right now lol its impressive and if I can get a good picture I'll post it. 

The kids absolutely thought it was the greatest thing in the world lolol 

Silly story but it's at least bringing a smile to their faces and thats wonderful to see. 

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Fullback is becoming a “lost” position in the day of spread, multi-wideout offenses.

Glad to see some old school football, but kinda surprised 

We are shotgun single wing/spinner series. Smash mouth with little bit of flare to it. Top 10 in the state in scoring in 10 of the last 27 years and 6 Top 10s in margin of victory. 

Center Grove, but not as traditional wing T as them and in the Gun. 

29 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Fullback is becoming a “lost” position in the day of spread, multi-wideout offenses.

Glad to see some old school football, but kinda surprised 

I fell in love with football watching Larry Csonka.  Before my time, but I love watching Jimmy Taylor on highlights.  My favorite Csonka moment was that he got an unnecessary roughness flag while he was carrying the ball.  

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I fell in love with football watching Larry Csonka.  Before my time, but I love watching Jimmy Taylor on highlights.  My favorite Csonka moment was that he got an unnecessary roughness flag while he was carrying the ball.  

Yep. On his ESPN show, Peyton Manning did an episode on the “death of the fullback.” He interviewed Csonka and showed the clip of that play

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yep. On his ESPN show, Peyton Manning did an episode on the “death of the fullback.” He interviewed Csonka and showed the clip of that play

I think this is the first season in like 8 years that Colts have a legit FB in Roosevelt Nix who they signed from the Steelers.

Archived