Indiana High School Football 2020

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are shotgun single wing/spinner series. Smash mouth with little bit of flare to it. Top 10 in the state in scoring in 10 of the last 27 years and 6 Top 10s in margin of victory. 

Center Grove, but not as traditional wing T as them and in the Gun. 

Awesome, but I bet not a player in the 7 on 7 competitions.

When I lived/taught/coached in Columbus we played Seymour and they ran a version of something similar to what you are using. It was a unique offense that no one else used and we probably spent an inordinate amount of time preparing for it, and probably suffered for it 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

When I lived/taught/coached in Columbus we played Seymour and they ran a version of something similar to what you are using. It was a unique offense that no one else used and we probably spent an inordinate amount of time preparing for it, and probably suffered for it 

Yes, they were traditional wing T. 

And we've had some teams that flicked it some. But no... 7 on 7 isn't really all that close to real football. Anytime a QB is comfortable with not getting his head taken off, that's not real lol

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I will say... we had Columbus East flat out beat in 7 on 7 and they threw 3 straight TDs to Duwyce Wilson at IU camp haha. 

They had 5 D1 players that year. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I will say... we had Columbus East flat out beat in 7 on 7 and they threw 3 straight TDs to Duwyce Wilson at IU camp haha. 

They had 5 D1 players that year. 

Lol. I coached in the early 80’s at the middle school level. Even so, I think Seymour had their peewee teams running the same offense as varsity. 

You probably weren’t even alive then.😄

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Lol. I coached in the early 80’s at the middle school level. Even so, I think Seymour had their peewee teams running the same offense as varsity. 

You probably weren’t even alive then.😄

Our youth runs our offense lol its rough at times, but overall worth it. 😆

1 minute ago, Sark said:

Do you do everything at the LOS? What’s your run/pass ratio?

Most years... 75 run 25 pass. Unfortunately, last year we WERE going to be probably 60 run 40 pass last year because we had a 6'2 195lbs QB coming back that had a massive JR year.... he decided smoking dope was more important.... so we moved a RB to QB that had 1500 yards and 22 TDs as a JR.... were like 90 run 10 pass as a result of it. 9-0 and ranked 3rd flopped the first round of seftional. 

"Do we do everything at the line LOS" meaning what exactly? 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

We are shotgun single wing/spinner series. Smash mouth with little bit of flare to it. Top 10 in the state in scoring in 10 of the last 27 years and 6 Top 10s in margin of victory. 

Center Grove, but not as traditional wing T as them and in the Gun. 

I'm surprised we don't see more of it in High School Football.  It's a winning formula.

52 minutes ago, Sark said:

Do you ever huddle?

No. Everything we do is on our wristband... I signal in the formation, cadence, and play. 

If we are in our 2 min offense, we only use two different formations to make it easy. We've used this system for 5 years and it's worked very well, so far. 

10 hours ago, rico said:

Seems like not all that long ago they were a powerhouse?

They were 1A state champs in 2001 and were pretty good for most of the 2000's, with back to back semi-state appearances in 08 and 09. Mark Lefebvre left after the 2012 season, and after all the players who grew up in his system moved on , the program just sort of tanked. 

I remember the days when Leo was still in their conference, and was actually bad at football. Southern Wells used to kick their butts every year despite having 1/4 of their enrollment, and they'd usually never put the ball in the air. They'd have like 20 kids on the sideline while Leo had 2-3 times that. Different world we live in now. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Who did you guys scrimmage and how did it go?

Silver Creek was scheduled to face Seymour, but that was cancelled.  Not sure why.  

We scrimmaged Jenn Co. They are young. Our varsity outscored their varsity 5 TDs to 0. 

I thought we looked solid.

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also.. I'd be interested to see Southern Wells current school enrollment. I'm willing to be their low football turn out is a direct result of lower school enrollment and not because of Covid or anything else.

Here are last year's numbers. Not sure if you're just talking about this year, but I figured somebody might be interested to look through them.

football schools 19-20 (1) (1).pdf

Southern Wells's decision had nothing to do with Covid. For the last few years, their numbers have been low. In 2017, they had around 30 players. The last couple years, they had low to mid-20's. This year, 16 showed up on the first day of practice, and 10 of them were freshmen. They've kind of gotten caught up in a vicious cycle where sophomores and juniors aren't returning because they're tired of losing, forcing underclassmen to step in and play right away, which leads to more losing, kids who aren't physically ready for varsity football getting injured and quitting, and the cycle repeats. This is probably the only way for them to salvage their program at this point. 

Archived