Indiana High School Football 2020

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, btownqb said:

.1% of Covid deaths are from individuals younger then 18 years old. 

It's not high school athletes job to keep our elderly safe. It never has been.  If you are compromised or old, stay home.  Everyone needs to start getting on with their lives.  

To me that is a very sad statement to say it is not their responsibility to help keep people safe.  It is every person on this earth responsibility to help take care of everyone on this earth.  So do you want to have all teachers over a certain age to stay home and not be able to teach your kids.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's not high school athletes job to keep our elderly safe. It never has been.  If you are compromised or old, stay home.  Everyone needs to start getting on with their lives.  

I am going to go on a different tangent with you bro out of curiosity.

What kind of economic impact would not having football have at your school?

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Sure. 

Relatedly, I’m going to drive drunk later. It’s not my responsibility to ensure no one else is hurt - if you don’t want to deal with drunk drivers, stay home. 

12 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

Sure. 

Relatedly, I’m going to drive drunk later. It’s not my responsibility to ensure no one else is hurt - if you don’t want to deal with drunk drivers, stay home. 

ahh... so my kids wearing masks isn't enough? Their social distancing isn't enough? Their giving up passing periods isn't enough? Them not being allowed to move seats at lunch isn't enough? Them not getting all the fans in the stand isn't enough? I could go on and on and on and on.... you can only take so much from kids and we're going to see serious ripple effects and they won't be good. 

You have to shut the whole thing down? .... pretty silly comments by you and an awful comparison, but yeah... you agree how silly it is to have that mindset that it is other's responsibility. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ahh... so my kids wearing masks isn't enough? Their social distancing isn't enough? Their giving up passing periods isn't enough? Them not being allowed to move seats at lunch isn't enough? Them not getting all the fans in the stand isn't enough? I could go on and on and on and on.... you can only take so much from kids and we're going to see serious ripple effects and they won't be good. 

You have to shut the whole thing down? .... pretty silly comments by you and an awful comparison, but yeah... you agree how silly it is to have that mindset that it is other's responsibility. 

I think there’s a world of difference between “here are the reasonable measures we are taking” and “IT’S NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.”

I also think the idea that some people staying home fixes everything shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the disease. 

9 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

I think there’s a world of difference between “here are the reasonable measures we are taking” and “IT’S NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.”

I also think the idea that some people staying home fixes everything shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the disease. 

I don't believe it's their responsibility. I don't. Each individuals health is THAT persons responsibility. 

We are taking reasonable measures, and those measures are MORE than enough for what we know about the disease now. And that's fine if you believe I have a misunderstanding, I don't believe that I do. Playing sports is spreading this disease no more than anything. I could even debate that we will spread it more without sports. 

My dad is compromised individual, I haven't stepped foot in his house, he hasn't been to mine.... we've stayed more than 10ft apart at all times, but he doesn't think for a second we should just keep shutting things down because of how low these percentages are for kids. He is sick to his stomach when he looks at these numbers and sees kids losing their high school seasons. 

Another thing it is not just about deaths and the age of those deaths.  It is a out long term effects that the virus can cause even for the younger people.  The heart condition that people have gotten is similar to what caused  the death of Hank Heather's.  If a player gets the virus but comes back feeling well and don't realize he has the heart condition it could cause a death.

It's possible to play sports responsibly.  Just like it is possible to go grocery shopping responsibly.  Just like it is possible to visit family and friends responsibly.  Just like it is to do just about anything you can think of responsibly.  

Look.  I'm not going to a game Friday night.  First season opener I've missed in years.  That said, as long as both schools have taken care of business keeping their team as safe as possible, and as long as there is a plan to keep spectators that want to attend as safe as possible, the games need to be played.  Sports are a very important part of a high school student's life, even if they aren't even the athlete.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It's possible to play sports responsibly.  Just like it is possible to go grocery shopping responsibly.  Just like it is possible to visit family and friends responsibly.  Just like it is to do just about anything you can think of responsibly.  

Look.  I'm not going to a game Friday night.  First season opener I've missed in years.  That said, as long as both schools have taken care of business keeping their team as safe as possible, and as long as there is a plan to keep spectators that want to attend as safe as possible, the games need to be played.  Sports are a very important part of a high school student's life, even if they aren't even the athlete.  

My goodness.. an unbelievably perfect post. Thank you. 

On 8/18/2020 at 9:46 AM, Sark said:

Whose job is it to protect the elderly? Kids spread it to parents who spread it to their parents . . . the progression of this is well known. Most people believe everyone has a role in stopping the spread, and that young people are part of “everyone”. Simply “staying home” doesn’t cut it for some.

hasn't researched said that oddly enough kids rarely spread it?

2 hours ago, rico said:

My Wildcats' game is still on for Friday night.  I am going.

Let's go!!!

My Braves will be against an improved Corydon squad.  We are inexperienced, but our JV outscored opponents 250-50 last year and were undefeated. 

Still have a starter out because he looked at someone who I guess had covid or whatever lol he'll be back next week. 

From the bottom of our heart...

Every single person: nurses, doctors, other health care workers, school admin, teachers, custodial staff, coaches, athletic trainers, etc... we thank you for everything you've been willing to do these past 6 months to make today possible.. IT'S GAMEDAY!!!!!

Some understand, some dont. Thats ok. The amount of joy tonight will bring so many young people is well worth the risk. 

Again.. thank you. None of this is possible without you. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Every single person: nurses, doctors, other health care workers, school admin, teachers, custodial staff, coaches, athletic trainers, etc... we thank you for everything you've been willing to do these past 6 months to make today possible.. IT'S GAMEDAY!!!!!

Some understand, some dont. Thats ok. The amount of joy tonight will bring so many young people is well worth the risk. 

Good luck and stay safe

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Good luck coach!

Archived