Indiana High School Football 2020

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Angola and Dekalb, opponents last week, are cancelling games due to one Dekalb player testing positive.

Dekalb cancelling two games, and Angola put 47 kids into quarantine and will cancel this week's game

Here's the thing.  If Angola went and tested every player, it is highly likely that they have at least 1 player who would test positive.  And, the odds are that kid would NOT have got it from a DeKalb player in a football game.

Roughly 90,000 cases is Indiana.  Statewide population is 6,690,000.  That means approximately 1 in 74.3333 people in Indiana have had, or currently have, the virus.  Of course, there are going to be players, coaches, officials, etc. in almost every football game that have the virus. 

I don't have all the answers, but shutting everything down for 1 case seems to be a little overboard.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Angola and Dekalb, opponents last week, are cancelling games due to one Dekalb player testing positive.

Dekalb cancelling two games, and Angola put 47 kids into quarantine and will cancel this week's game

They shut it down for 1 player? 

🤡🌍!!

Ridiculous Bullshit!

I really feel for the high school seniors who's last year is being RUINED! by Adults who are afraid of What exactly?  The answer is Nothing!  

Also, small time county health departments employ the dumbest of people who accidentally got a post graduate degree.  They are the D students of medical school.

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

🤡🌍!!

Ridiculous Bullshit!

I really feel for the high school seniors who's last year is being RUINED! by Adults who are afraid of What exactly?  The answer is Nothing!  

Also, small time county health departments employ the dumbest of people who accidentally got a post graduate degree.  They are the D students of medical school.

🙌

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh I know. Mooresville might be the best team in 4A though. They were the 2nd best team last year.. just ran into Evansville Memorial. 

Leo has East Noble in their sectional.  Should be a good game although that has to be about a 3 hour bus ride for Mooresville.

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Leo has East Noble in their sectional.  Should be a good game although that has to be about a 3 hour bus ride for Mooresville.

They played a sectional game last year that was 2.5 hours. Mooresville only lost to EM by 3. 

Heck of a haul though. 

Love this. I think. Carmel has 4 QB's sending in signals to QB before each play. 1875 is attendance when it's usually 8k plus. And for those curious. Not a ton of social distancing going on in stands. Very high level high school football game on tv. Just fun to see football on the tube...

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Completely off the subject, but why has there been no movement for a second high school in Carmel? Certainly the tax base can afford it and I can only imagine how many kids are getting passed by -in all areas, not just athletics- due to such large numbers 

As a Carmel alum, I truly believe they don’t want to break up the sports dominance honestly. When I was in school there, they built a freshman center which made the school a little bigger but not that much bigger.  I doubt they’ll build a second high school. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Damn I don’t get that channel! I have U-verse and that channel apparently isn’t carried anymore. Dang. 

Check out all the odd channels just in case. Student section all masked up. Pretty good looking talent on the field. Fun game to watch so far. 

Archived