Indiana High School Football 2020

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I like it when someone can say the team name like 'Hatchets; and I know exactly who they are talking about.  Same with 'Hoosiers'.  Beats the heck out of having the school nickname be something like Tigers, Wildcats, Bulldogs, etc.  The only original nickname that sucks is Boilermakers, but even that is not the nickname's fault.  It's the Purdue in front of it that really sucks.

When I hear "Hatchets" I think Lizzie Borden...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rico said:

When I hear "Hatchets" I think Lizzie Borden...

I think about sitting in the RAFTERS at Seymour... like in fold out chairs, not real seats watching Luke Zeller vs Roncalli and probably 6000 Washington fan yelling "Washington Hatchets" every time out and doing the tomahawk chant wave or whatever. 

I live on hwy 50 and it was a line of cars like I've never seen every time Washington played at Seymour. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Oh. Wow !

Reitz stadium is legit. It has a college football atmosphere.  

And when Evansville does their 4th of July celebration you can sit on the banks of the Ohio river or watch it from Reitz hill. They float out barges in the middle of the river and set off the fireworks.  Best fireworks show ive ever seen. 

On 8/30/2020 at 9:56 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Reitz stadium is legit. It has a college football atmosphere.  

And when Evansville does their 4th of July celebration you can sit on the banks of the Ohio river or watch it from Reitz hill. They float out barges in the middle of the river and set off the fireworks.  Best fireworks show ive ever seen. 

One year they set off the finale first on accident. I was there for that and I was like oh man this year is going to be really awesome. Then was super confused the rest of the firework show until the next day it was revealed the finale shot off first. Also the bowl, which is what people down here in Evansville call it is even better because they finally installed field turf so it’s really legit now. 

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

One year they set off the finale first on accident. I was there for that and I was like oh man this year is going to be really awesome. Then was super confused the rest of the firework show until the next day it was revealed the finale shot off first. Also the bowl, which is what people down here in Evansville call it is even better because they finally installed field turf so it’s really legit now. 

the top picture has turf in it. All the Evansville schools got it. It's a very carpet like turf. We played Memorial at Enlow... thats a pretty awesome stadium, as well, built in like the late 1920s. 

Centrals stadium isn't any to scoff at either. Harrison and North are INCREDIBLY nice, as well. Harrison is very impressive from the Lloyds. Harrison has an awesome pressbox. 

Enlow.jpg

Enlow2.jpg

North.jpg

north2.jpg

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

the top picture has turf in it. All the Evansville schools got it. It's a very carpet like turf. We played Memorial at Enlow... thats a pretty awesome stadium, as well, built in like the late 1920s. 

Centrals stadium isn't any to scoff at either. Harrison and North are INCREDIBLY nice, as well. Harrison is very impressive from the Lloyds. Harrison has an awesome pressbox. 

Enlow.jpg

Enlow2.jpg

North.jpg

north2.jpg

Yeah Harrison is my alma mater but when I played the stadium wasn’t built yet. We shared enlow with memorial and bosse. Where the stadium is built now use to be our practice field. Now all Evansville schools have their own except mater dei and memorial, and for whatever reason Reitz was the last to get the turf. Which was weird. 

12 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Yeah Harrison is my alma mater but when I played the stadium wasn’t built yet. We shared enlow with memorial and bosse. Where the stadium is built now use to be our practice field. Now all Evansville schools have their own except mater dei and memorial, and for whatever reason Reitz was the last to get the turf. Which was weird. 

I've been to Reitz (we played Mater Dei).. and obviously Enlow as I mentioned. Castle has a cool stadium too. 

Archived