Indiana High School Football 2020

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Of course.. because the health dept should be allowed to do that. Smh. Idiots. 

Feel for the kids. 

I am pretty sure the health department didn't let all county schools play week #1.

Edit:  Here it is...

https://www.goshennews.com/sports/prep-football-elkhart-county-schools-off-week-1-while-others-play-on/article_02759fd2-dda6-11ea-86e8-ef5fc72dc453.html

43 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Who you got this week?

Eastern Pekin. I won't comment further other than look at their previous scores. 

Our conference has 9 football playing members, so we have to play 8 conference games a year. Only one non conference game and we play that one against our county rival that's 3 times our size. 

Its incredibly frustrating that 3-4 games a year the opponent we have to play because of the conference. We need to dump two of those opponents, so we can play 2 other non conference games. I hope none of this sounded arrogant. 

In those 4 games last year we outscored those 4 teams 214-80... like 28 of that came against our JV/9. One of the games we didn't start like 5 defensive starters to make sure they were healthy. They would have played in any other game. 

The year before that we outscored those opponents 201-22. Plenty of those points came late too. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Eastern Pekin. I won't comment further other than look at their previous scores. 

Our conference has 9 football playing members, so we have to play 8 conference games a year. Only one non conference game and we play that one against our county rival that's 3 times our size. 

Its incredibly frustrating that 3-4 games a year the opponent we have to play because of the conference. We need to dump two of those opponents, so we can play 2 other non conference games. I hope none of this sounded arrogant. 

I gotcha. Well good luck. You and your kids stay safe out there!

42 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Carmel

Purdue

St. Louis Cardinals

There is not much good to stay about your team allegiances for sports.

Face Vomiting on Google Android 10.0 March 2020 Feature Drop

I'm cool with the Carmel part but man all he could add to this list to make it worse is being a Packers fan and maybe a Jeff Gordon guy back in the day. Haha. 

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm cool with the Carmel part but man all he could add to this list to make it worse is being a Packers fan and maybe a Jeff Gordon guy back in the day. Haha. 

Nope haha. Don’t like the Pack or NASCAR. Blues of course but other than that not a big soccer guy. Baseball/football/hockey/basketball for me. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Per usual, let’s go hounds. 

I have nothing against Carmel.  I like the town.  But when it comes to sports, I give Carmel an asterisk on anything they do because of the absolute absurdity of how big they are.   It’d be like if IU, Purdue, and Notre Dame had all star teams every year in every sport.  Of course they’d dominate.  Nothing against the school or the people, but of course they should be top 5 in everything all the time on autopilot. Weaken them by a half or a third and that’d be more like it.  

30 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have nothing against Carmel.  I like the town.  But when it comes to sports, I give Carmel an asterisk on anything they do because of the absolute absurdity of how big they are.   It’d be like if IU, Purdue, and Notre Dame had all star teams every year in every sport.  Of course they’d dominate.  Nothing against the school or the people, but of course they should be top 5 in everything all the time on autopilot. Weaken them by a half or a third and that’d be more like it.  

I think even if Carmel was split into two high schools, combined they’d still be really good. Carmel wasn’t always huge. 

23 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree with that.  But the optics would look a lot better.  And more kids would get a chance to have bigger roles.  

I get it. I got cut for JV basketball my sophomore year after starting on the freshman team. Could I have probably played at a place like Guerin or University? Absolutely. But I had friends and loved it at Carmel. And knew I wasn’t good enough to play in college lol. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Center Grove pounding Carmel right now. I think it's 35-0 with 7 to go. Can't tell if Carmel is down (which I don't believe) or CG and Cathedral are that much better. 

Gross. I know Carmel lost two studs on defense in Brevard and Wise but seems like their offense has been lacking too. 

Archived