Indiana High School Football 2020

12 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

One thing I like about small school football is guys playing multiple positions and making plays on both sides of the ball. 

Last night, Bluffton's Cody Mittlestedt rushed 18 times for 250 yards, ran for two touchdowns and caught another, returned a punt for a TD (had a second punt return TD called back by a penalty), and intercepted a pass. 

How are the Tigers looking this year?

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Another instant classic. Carmel wins on final FG vs Lawrence North. McCulley is so good...and Indiana High School Football is very, very healthy.

Saw a lot of the 4th quarter and McCulley was great.  LN defense on that last possession was terrible and the prevent defense prevented them from winning.

I might be in the minority, but the games I've attended, it's actually been kind of refreshing not having a sh*t ton of people around. I'm not saying it should stay like this, but it's nice to not have to walk in front of people to get to the aisle in the bleachers, maneuver around people blocking the stairs, weave around more people standing in front of the railing, waiting behind 20 people at the concession stand or being in an overcrowded restroom with people bumping into each other. 

Gonna give a shout-out to my alma mater, the Bluffton Tigers: made a 2 and a half hour drive to Greensburg tonight for a game that was added to the schedule last week, trailed 27-13 in the fourth quarter and came back to win 33-30 with a 23 yard touchdown pass on 4th and 6 with just under a minute left. 

Very impressive final drive by the offense considering Greensburg's band was loudly playing during live action for some reason. 

Well... it was nutty in the Jackson Bowl tonight... 

We trailed 35-21 with 6 mins to go, converted a 4th and 10 with a 30 yard TD pass. 

Got a stop.. marched 91 yards in 2 mins and 30 secs to get within 1 with 45 secs to go. We went for 2 and got it. 

They returned the kickoff to our 10 yard line and scored on the next play with 22 secs to go. 

We returned their kick off to the 47 yard line. 

We threw a bomb on the next play to score a TD and kick the PAT with 3 secs to go. 43-42

Squibbed the KO. Tackle. Game.

Absolutely unreal. We were down 21-7 at the half. Scored 36 in the 2nd half. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

We trailed 35-21 with 6 mins to go, converted a 4th and 10 with a 30 yard TD pass. 

Got a stop.. marches 91 yards in 2 mins and 30 secs to get within 1 with 45 secs to go. We went for 2 and got it. 

They returned the kickoff to our 10 yard line and scored on the next play with 22 secs to go. 

We threw a bomb on the next play to score a TD and kick the PAT with 3 secs to go. 43-42

That's an unreal finish!!

Lawrence North gets over the hump. Beats Ben Davis in OT for first time in 11 years. McCulley is very, very special talent. 

PS....I don't know what the average margin of victory for Center Grove is this year but I feel like they win each week by 50-60. TJD's bro Tayven is making such a name for himself won't be long where the TJD mention will be necessary. Another special talent. 

My gf just told me about two cross country runners who were from Westfield that died in a small plane crash in Kokomo.

They were in some sort of training, one was a SR going to the Air Force next year. 

They hit a power lane before the runway, their parents watch them crash. I can't even imagine. Truly, truly tragic. Praying for them. 

On 9/26/2020 at 5:58 PM, btownqb said:

My gf just told me about two cross country runners who were from Westfield that died in a small plane crash in Kokomo.

They were in some sort of training, one was a SR going to the Air Force next year. 

They hit a power lane before the runway, their parents watch them crash. I can't even imagine. Truly, truly tragic. Praying for them. 

Yep. Knew of the family. Salt of the earth as they come. Not only did they lose those 2 boys....but they also lost their daughter years ago too. The ironic part is the Dad is scared of flying. Just an incredibly sad situation....can't even put into words what they are dealing with.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:42 AM, Seeking6 said:

Lawrence North gets over the hump. Beats Ben Davis in OT for first time in 11 years. McCulley is very, very special talent. 

PS....I don't know what the average margin of victory for Center Grove is this year but I feel like they win each week by 50-60. TJD's bro Tayven is making such a name for himself won't be long where the TJD mention will be necessary. Another special talent. 

Is it a foregone conclusion that Jackson will pick IU?

On 9/26/2020 at 12:40 AM, btownqb said:

Got a stop.. marched 91 yards in 2 mins and 30 secs to get within 1 with 45 secs to go. We went for 2 and got it. 

Bet the Owls didn't see that coming.  So much for their hyped night vision.  :coffee:

Also, despite the tales of the 'Wise old owl'. the owl is actually on the lower end of birds when it comes to intelligence.   

39 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Is it a foregone conclusion that Jackson will pick IU?

I don't think so at all. Obviously in good shape but McCulley is there a year before plus I have a feeling that by the time this season is over there's going to be plenty of big boys come calling too. 

Some of the other folks on here could answer better than me on football recruiting though.

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Bet the Owls didn't see that coming.  So much for their hyped night vision.  :coffee:

Also, despite the tales of the 'Wise old owl'. the owl is actually on the lower end of birds when it comes to intelligence.   

Obviously I'm biased but I dont like anything purple or that has a bird in it. 

Also dont know many HS rivalries better than that one. Atmosphere is absurd. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Obviously I'm biased but I dont like anything purple or that has a bird in it. 

Also dont know many HS rivalries better than that one. Atmosphere is absurd. 

I would love to experience an end of game like that (on the winning side, of course).  Congrats!

Archived