Indiana High School Football 2020

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Warren is down a tad but Carmel laying the wood tonight. Center Grove has battled back to be up 14-13.....and I think it was Brownstown and Silver Creek. Anyway there was a photo of Silver Creek and Brownstown on twitter....one of the most beautiful sunsets going. Didn't realize Silver Creek has never beaten Brownstown before and are up 42-14. My apologies to anyone on the board from those areas....I rarely pay attention to where folks are from when they post. 

8 games in and Indiana High School Football is very, very healthy. Feel bad for the neighbors to the West who still think shutting everything down was the best option.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know Warren is down a tad but Carmel laying the wood tonight. Center Grove has battled back to be up 14-13.....and I think it was Brownstown and Silver Creek. Anyway there was a photo of Silver Creek and Brownstown on twitter....one of the most beautiful sunsets going. Didn't realize Silver Creek has never beaten Brownstown before and are up 42-14. My apologies to anyone on the board from those areas....I rarely pay attention to where folks are from when they post. 

8 games in and Indiana High School Football is very, very healthy. Feel bad for the neighbors to the West who still think shutting everything down was the best option.

I know we got at least one from Silver Creek and at least one from Brownstown!

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Correct.  Silver Creek had never beaten Brownstown before tonight.  To clarify, SC did not have a program at all until 2010. They have done well building it, but Brownstown had always been its nemesis.

SC will finish the regular season undefeated, but will get bumped in the first round of the sectional.  Got a horrific draw with Top 5 East Central in first game with the winner getting Top 5 Mooresville in 2nd round.

Just a brief mention here this morning. Former Carmel/Cathedral high school football player Schuyler Bradley (now a freshman at IU) was shot Thursday night and subsequently died this morning while in Alabama. Guess he was visiting friends for the game this weekend. Absolute tragedy. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a brief mention here this morning. Former Carmel/Cathedral high school football player Schuyler Bradley (now a freshman at IU) was shot Thursday night and subsequently died this morning while in Alabama. Guess he was visiting friends for the game this weekend. Absolute tragedy. 

At some point our society has to be better. Has to be. 

Hold yourselves accountable, quit worrying about other people, so tired of excuses for why people cannot be good humans. I DO NOT CARE what environment they grew up in, I dont. 

We expose our children to too.much at an early age, we allow them to hear too many adult conversations when they aren't ready. 

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2020/10/indiana-university-student-dies-following-shooting-on-the-strip-in-tuscaloosa-charges-against-suspect-upgraded.html

4 hours ago, rico said:

To me what I don't understand about the law is making something attempted murder.  Just because the person lives or dies shouldn't make the crime any different.  Just because you are lucky and the person lives your charge and punishment should be the same.

A few upsets up here in NE Indiana in the first round of playoffs...

Dekalb avenges a regular season loss as they shut out Angola 

FW Wayne beats Huntington North 

FW South Side beats New Haven.

None of these three will make it past next weekend, but always nice to see kids rewarded for their hard work all season long 

33 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

A few upsets up here in NE Indiana in the first round of playoffs...

Dekalb avenges a regular season loss as they shut out Angola 

FW Wayne beats Huntington North 

FW South Side beats New Haven.

None of these three will make it past next weekend, but always nice to see kids rewarded for their hard work all season long 

I am pretty sure it was a rough night for the posters that frequent this thread.

Tammy's Columbia City team got thrashed by East Noble.

My Whitko Mildcats got curb stomped by FW Luers.

1 minute ago, rico said:

I am pretty sure it was a rough night for the posters that frequent this thread.

Tammy's Columbia City team got thrashed by East Noble.

My Whitko Mildcats got curb stomped by FW Luers.

Yep.  Silver Creek probably wasn't going to win against East Central anyway, but monsoon level rains that delayed the game for two hours and muddied up the field took away their most significant advantage, which is speed.  East Central is a great program and has some big strong young men., A muddy field totally played to their advantage. I still don't think Silver Creek would have won, but on a dry field they would have been more competitive.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  Silver Creek probably wasn't going to win against East Central anyway, but monsoon level rains that delayed the game for two hours and muddied up the field took away their most significant advantage, which is speed.  East Central is a great program and has some big strong young men., A muddy field totally played to their advantage. I still don't think Silver Creek would have won, but on a dry field they would have been more competitive.

That's alright man, you guys will make up for that loss in basketball season.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

This is fact

Archived