Indiana High School Football 2020

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IUskim said:

The EVSC down here in Evansville is giving 250 tickets to each team home and away presale only and masks required. 

I am pretty sure the Elkhart county health department didn't allow the county schools to play in week #1...but I will check on that.

edit:  https://www.goshennews.com/sports/prep-football-elkhart-county-schools-off-week-1-while-others-play-on/article_02759fd2-dda6-11ea-86e8-ef5fc72dc453.html

34 minutes ago, rico said:

Up north here it appears the home teams determine what they are gonna do as well as the local health departments.

The local health depts have completely botched this whole thing. They are incompetent at best and the governor needs to dump his executive order that allowed them to have so much power. We aren't in crisis mode. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The local health depts have completely botched this whole thing. They are incompetent at best and the governor needs to dump his executive order that allowed them to have so much power. We aren't in crisis mode. 

I dunno about Elkhart county other than the article I posted, but I got a good friend who follows Jimtown so I will "pick" his brain.

To go into a little more detail about our game.. 

Roncalli scored with about 4 mins to go in the 2nd q to make it 7-0. We started 3 of 4 drives of the first half inside our own 10 and Roncalli started all 4 of their drives on our side of the 50. They had a very talented RB who as soon as we weren't gap sound took advantage. 

2nd half..  1st drive we had them 2nd and 10 and had the RB behind the line and he made 3 of our guys miss. They punched in another one earlier 4th q. 

The story of the night was Roncallis defense though.  They were good sized but mostly long, strong and flat out understood how to play. 

We under threw a TD on the 2nd drive and dropped a TD on our last drive of the half. We were basically stuffed the entire game, we did miss some assignments, but most of our struggles were because of Roncallis talent defensively.  

Most importantly our guys didn't back down from a 4A power, we'll watch film and fix the rest.  

They played 22 different starters..  we were incredibly gassed by the end of 2nd q. I simply don't have enough depth to combat that. 

Roncalli also didn't bring any FR.. at one point I had 5 FR in defensively. 

I wish we could play Roncalli every week. We will improve so much from this game. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

They played 22 different starters..  we were incredibly gassed by the end of 2nd q. I simply don't have enough depth to combat that. 

Roncalli also didn't bring any FR.. at one point I had 5 FR in defensively. 

I wish we could play Roncalli every week. We will improve so much from this game. 

Any games this year is good. Curious though. Was Roncalli the only school willing? Size discrepancy and all is pretty big. I always enjoyed those film sessions when playing a superior opponent on paper. Can break down 7-8 plays that proved to be the difference makers and the kids from your team start to realize they were closer than score shows. Good luck this year!

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

To go into a little more detail about our game.. 

Roncalli scored with about 4 mins to go in the 2nd q to make it 7-0. We started 3 of 4 drives of the first half inside our own 10 and Roncalli started all 4 of their drives on our side of the 50. They had a very talented RB who as soon as we weren't gap sound took advantage. 

2nd half..  1st drive we had them 2nd and 10 and had the RB behind the line and he made 3 of our guys miss. They punched in another one earlier 4th q. 

The story of the night was Roncallis defense though.  They were good sized but mostly long, strong and flat out understood how to play. 

We under threw a TD on the 2nd drive and dropped a TD on our last drive of the half. We were basically stuffed the entire game, we did miss some assignments, but most of our struggles were because of Roncallis talent defensively.  

Most importantly our guys didn't back down from a 4A power, we'll watch film and fix the rest.  

I’m sure you’ve said this and I apologize to you for missing this, but what class is the school you coach at?

1 hour ago, IUskim said:

I’m sure you’ve said this and I apologize to you for missing this, but what class is the school you coach at?

We're 3A... but... we're probably the smallest 3A in the state. Our enrollment currently is 500 students.. we will be 2A in the next classification in the spring. Roncalli 1300 students. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Any games this year is good. Curious though. Was Roncalli the only school willing? Size discrepancy and all is pretty big. I always enjoyed those film sessions when playing a superior opponent on paper. Can break down 7-8 plays that proved to be the difference makers and the kids from your team start to realize they were closer than score shows. Good luck this year!

They had their varsity and JV games canceled for week 1. They're only an hour away.. I didnt want to play a team that we would wax, that simply does no good. 

I walked in to the coaches office on Saturday.. head coach said "you want Roncalli on Monday?" I said "we'll play the Jets if we have to". And I mean that, we won't shy away from anyone. 

37 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

500?! Dang. Do you feel like 3A makes sense or would 2A make more sense?

2A. We've been 2A the entire time except for the last like 8 years. 

What I've noticed in 2A and 3A... 2A is a lot more small town farming communities with not a lot else around.. ex Brownstown, Winchester, Monrovia, Mitchell, Forest Park, etc. 

3A seems to have more schools that are more on the outskirts or in bigger cities.. ex. West Laf, Ev Memorial, Chatard, Berbuef, Hamilton Heights, Danville, Tri West, etc. 

I'm not trying to make excuses.. but I know those 3A schools are pulling kids from neighboring 4A-6A schools. Not saying they're recruiting or anything like that, just saying there's more kids around... more opportunities for transfers yadda yadda. 

Hope that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

2A. We've been 2A the entire time except for the last like 8 years. 

What I've noticed in 2A and 3A... 2A is a lot more small town farming communities with not a lot else around.. ex Brownstown, Winchester, Monrovia, Mitchell, Forest Park, etc. 

3A seems to have more schools that are more on the outskirts or in bigger cities.. ex. West Laf, Ev Memorial, Chatard, Berbuef, Hamilton Heights, Danville, Tri West, etc. 

I'm not trying to make excuses.. but I know those 3A schools are pulling kids from neighboring 4A-6A schools. Not saying they're recruiting or anything like that, just saying there's more kids around... more opportunities for transfers yadda yadda. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Def does no doubt. Obviously Carmel is humongous but I knew plenty of kids that started at Carmel but transferred to Brebeuf/Chatard/Cathedral/etc...  one of my best friends is from Carmel but played football at cathedral. He told me they 100% recruited guys that would’ve gone to IPS schools. Now who fits the bill for their tuition? Good ole donors I’m sure. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

They had their varsity and JV games canceled for week 1. They're only an hour away.. I didnt want to play a team that we would wax, that simply does no good. 

I walked in to the coaches office on Saturday.. head coach said "you want Roncalli on Monday?" I said "we'll play the Jets if we have to". And I mean that, we won't shy away from anyone. 

Some years, Roncalli's JV could probably beat the Jets.  :coffee:

Archived