Indiana High School Football 2020

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Completely off the subject, but why has there been no movement for a second high school in Carmel? Certainly the tax base can afford it and I can only imagine how many kids are getting passed by -in all areas, not just athletics- due to such large numbers 

Won't ever happen. My grandparents moved to Carmel in late 50's. They will never give up the edge they have. Ever. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

As a Carmel alum, I truly believe they don’t want to break up the sports dominance honestly. When I was in school there, they built a freshman center which made the school a little bigger but not that much bigger.  I doubt they’ll build a second high school. 

That’s what I thought and imo, that’s pathetic. 

34 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Completely off the subject, but why has there been no movement for a second high school in Carmel? Certainly the tax base can afford it and I can only imagine how many kids are getting passed by -in all areas, not just athletics- due to such large numbers 

There was about 28-30 years ago.  Right before the current football stadium was built. Long before the freshman center was built. They decided to stay with one community school instead of dividing the community in half like what is seen in Fishers.  Sports were discussed but they were not THE factor.

29 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m sure there are plenty of other reasons too honestly. When I graduated in ‘06, the enrollment was right around 4,000 and my class was like 970. Now it’s well over 5,000. So many damn kids. 

I can see a kid interviewing for a job.  

Employer - "What was your class ranking?"

Applicant - "Uhhh.... I think about 793rd".

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Why pathetic? Out of the normal anti-Carmel sentiment....why would they build a second school?

I have no anti-Carmel feelings. Not even in my realm of thinking. 

The 4 quarterback comment just struck a chord. Wonder how many kids never get an opportunity because they are lost in the numbers. 

Just me, but if I was a parent of high school kids these days, I would look for a more close-knit environment versus being 1 in 1500

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have no anti-Carmel feelings. Not even in my realm of thinking. 

The 4 quarterback comment just struck a chord. Wonder how many kids never get an opportunity because they are lost in the numbers. 

Just me, but if I was a parent of high school kids these days, I would look for a more close-knit environment versus being 1 in 1500

Cool! I just thought when you said pathetic it meant something. My neighbor's kid just missed making the golf team as a freshman. Shoots 75-77 on the daily. His response was I need to work harder. Sometimes life lessons are earned and developed early on. No harm no foul. 

Score that jumped out to me this morning. Avon 54 Ben Davis 13. Same Avon team that our Donaven Mcculley lit up the week before. Speaking of him...his team put up 70 last night. Don't have exact stats but judging by twitter highlights it was an evening of pitch and catch again for him.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Score that jumped out to me this morning. Avon 54 Ben Davis 13. Same Avon team that our Donaven Mcculley lit up the week before. Speaking of him...his team put up 70 last night. Don't have exact stats but judging by twitter highlights it was an evening of pitch and catch again for him.

That’s two weeks in a row that Ben Davis has been blown out.  Brownsburg crushed them last week.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Goodness gracious I saw some clips of Caden Curry.  It’s a cliche but it’s perfect here.  He’s like a man against boys.  I saw him triple teamed at one point and he still hustled to the tackle.  If this kid ends up being along the lines of JJ Watt, I’m not going to be shocked.  

Be great to see him in an IU uniform but probably not very realistic for him to choose IU.

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My hometown Hatchets broke a 17 game losing streak today winning 61-18.  Not a strong opponent but from experience when you lose that much any win feels good. Happy for the guys, especially the QB who is my cousins son. 

I like it when someone can say the team name like 'Hatchets; and I know exactly who they are talking about.  Same with 'Hoosiers'.  Beats the heck out of having the school nickname be something like Tigers, Wildcats, Bulldogs, etc.  The only original nickname that sucks is Boilermakers, but even that is not the nickname's fault.  It's the Purdue in front of it that really sucks.

Archived